• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChimeraDA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Gatesville Tx.
    I have an AR15 and have been wanting to put an Eotech sight on it but i have seen a mark 10 at Walmart for $189. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with this sight? Would it be a good sight to start out with or would I be beter off just saving my money for the Eotech?
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you want to save money, look at what Primary Arms offers.

I've bought Walmart sights and found them to be a gamble.

I have an EoTech. It's nice and all, but it is also a heck of an investment.

Now prepare yourself for pages of "buy once, cry once", aimpoints are better", rabble rabble rabble, you suck, no you suck, ARs suck, rage unsubscribe, rage subscribe, aimpoint sucks, think of the children, just get a 1-4 scope, it's all bush's fault.

Good luck.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If you want to save money, look at what Primary Arms offers.

I've bought Walmart sights and found them to be a gamble.

I have an EoTech. It's nice and all, but it is also a heck of an investment.

Now prepare yourself for pages of "buy once, cry once", aimpoints are better", rabble rabble rabble, you suck, no you suck, ARs suck, rage unsubscribe, rage subscribe, aimpoint sucks, think of the children, just get a 1-4 scope, it's all bush's fault.

Good luck.

I think that about sums up my experience as well. I have an EOtech and PA as well. PA makes good stuff for a fair price and of course depending upon use, just as durable. Going the Wally World route has always been a disappointment for me too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Im oldschool. I sit a candle on the end of my barrel. Aint using no new fangled peeper scope'

Besides, red dots are for sissys.

"Sent from a puff of smoke"

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If you want an EOTech save up and get the EOTech.

Otherwise it will just keep nagging at you until you go out and buy what you really wanted all along.

Wait for one of their rebate offers and/or holiday sales if the price bugs you. I got my 512 for $289 out-the-door with the rebate.

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    If you want an EOTech save up and get the EOTech.

Otherwise it will just keep nagging at you until you go out and buy what you really wanted all along.

Wait for one of their rebate offers and/or holiday sales if the price bugs you. I got my 512 for $289 out-the-door with the rebate.

^ one mo' time ^

ChimeraDA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Gatesville Tx.
    Well I like the reply "Wait and get what you want". I've done this before and wished I had just bought what I wanted, it does save money in the long run. Do the rebates come from the Eotech website or someplace else?
    Thanks for all the advise!

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    When they have rebates there will be a form you can download off their website to fill out and mail in. The vendor selling them might have some forms already printed out.

It's pretty obvious when they do it because it's plastered all over their site.

Don't think they are running any kind of promo right now, but Thanksgiving and Xmas are right around the corner.

Edit: you just missed the Summer 2014 rebate, ended 8/15/2014.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Have the Eotech. Really happy with it. But it is an investment.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Went to a gunshow a while back when I was looking for some sights. A bunch of vendors had various off-brand ChiCom scopes and sights. I looked at them all. Then I looked at some quality sights. The difference is amazing.

The Eotech isn't cheap, but once you have it, it's worth the money. As I've heard several people say over the years, you should plan on spending at least half as much for the optics as you did for the rifle.

Top Bottom