• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Done. The Black line at the top is the place where the L5 S1 disc space used to be. Gone since early 90s. The very lowest level of your lumbar spine.

The 3 large implants were done today. Successful procedure. Now 6 to 8 weeks with no load bearing on the left leg. That will drive me nuts.

At least I'm home now. Pretty easy as far as orthopedic surgeries go.
    20200819_194654.jpg

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Almost 2 weeks into atleast 6 weeks of 50 load which means only 25 percent on that leg. So it's a Walker crutches and cane. And only when necessary. If interested this is what I had done.

Anyways I'm going nuts. It wasn't like I could do much before as I got about a half hour of activity and the back pain got so bad all you think about is making it stop. I can add to that time with meds so I could walk a mile a couple times a week or mow the yard or water etc. I could do what ever as long as I planned it out and had a couple days between activities cause I was flat out on my back after that. A bad wound infection that took 2 years to get rid of did lots of damage and that's not getting better so that pain is here to stay barring some medical miracle drug or device.

The hope is this procedure will add to what I can do without meds. The right side fused itself while recovering from last years fusion and the whole lumbar spine is fused so all the stress that would be taken up by those joints is going into this one. Fuse it and the pain from it should stop.

So I'm stuck in bed mostly and all I can do is make my list of chores needing done before the first freeze. Some painting and windows need caulking and mortar joints need attention so water doesn't get in there and freeze making cracks worse. A couple corner pops and some whole house cat 5 speaker and coax wire re doing with a box in the garage. Who ever painted this house before we moved in royally phucked that up by pulling and cutting wires. That stuff needs done in the winter cause I'm long past working in attics in the summer.

Got a work bench to set up nd tools to buy that I sold when I moved to texas like table saw, air compressor bench grinders miter saw etc. Stuff you need if you own a home.

All those years following dad around are paying off now. I'm no master craftsman but I know enough to know what I can and cant do. That reminds me I had to hire the garbage disposal replaced last week cause I physically couldn't do it and I'm still pissed about that. Waste of money.

Its keeping me up at night as well as you can see. Lol

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Hope you feel better, and soon.

I started doing a study with a weekly self test. It is nasal, but not as bad as the usual one.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    In my case, yes, but that is a personal choice and written into my health care directive in case I am incapacitated. A choice everyone should be able to make on their own.
    So you would die before having a nasal swab, as uncomfortable as that might be? Let me see, nasal swab or embalming? I will take the swab. Why would your choice be to die?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Almost 2 weeks into atleast 6 weeks of 50 load which means only 25 percent on that leg. So it's a Walker crutches and cane. And only when necessary. If interested this is what I had done.

Anyways I'm going nuts. It wasn't like I could do much before as I got about a half hour of activity and the back pain got so bad all you think about is making it stop. I can add to that time with meds so I could walk a mile a couple times a week or mow the yard or water etc. I could do what ever as long as I planned it out and had a couple days between activities cause I was flat out on my back after that. A bad wound infection that took 2 years to get rid of did lots of damage and that's not getting better so that pain is here to stay barring some medical miracle drug or device.

The hope is this procedure will add to what I can do without meds. The right side fused itself while recovering from last years fusion and the whole lumbar spine is fused so all the stress that would be taken up by those joints is going into this one. Fuse it and the pain from it should stop.

So I'm stuck in bed mostly and all I can do is make my list of chores needing done before the first freeze. Some painting and windows need caulking and mortar joints need attention so water doesn't get in there and freeze making cracks worse. A couple corner pops and some whole house cat 5 speaker and coax wire re doing with a box in the garage. Who ever painted this house before we moved in royally phucked that up by pulling and cutting wires. That stuff needs done in the winter cause I'm long past working in attics in the summer.

Got a work bench to set up nd tools to buy that I sold when I moved to texas like table saw, air compressor bench grinders miter saw etc. Stuff you need if you own a home.

All those years following dad around are paying off now. I'm no master craftsman but I know enough to know what I can and cant do. That reminds me I had to hire the garbage disposal replaced last week cause I physically couldn't do it and I'm still pissed about that. Waste of money.

Its keeping me up at night as well as you can see. Lol
    Several years ago I was pulling a trailer and I fell backwards causing a compression fracture of L5. I couldn't get up and thankfully my wife was able to help me. To make a long story short I had a vertebroplasty which helped but back stuff is just unbelievably painful. Be very careful about taking narcotic pain meds as they help but this is how people get addicted.

Give it time, it will get better, don't do too much. Wishing you a speedy recovery off of all pain meds.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Several years ago I was pulling a trailer and I fell backwards causing a compression fracture of L5. I couldn't get up and thankfully my wife was able to help me. To make a long story short I had a vertebroplasty which helped but back stuff is just unbelievably painful. Be very careful about taking narcotic pain meds as they help but this is how people get addicted.

Give it time, it will get better, don't do too much. Wishing you a speedy recovery off of all pain meds.
    Off pain meds? That ship sailed 10 surgeries and a nearly fatal infection long ago.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    So you would die before having a nasal swab, as uncomfortable as that might be? Let me see, nasal swab or embalming? I will take the swab. Why would your choice be to die?
    False premise. I would refuse treatment. Death might be a possible and unfortunate outcome. I’m at peace with that.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    CandC, Hope you have a speedy and successful recovery.

I had to do the COVID test for my bilateral carpel tunnel release. Not a fun test but at least I am getting some relief from the nerve pain in my wrists.

I’ll be seeing the neuro about another disc in my next in a couple of days....not looking forward to another cervical MRI experience.

Top Bottom