• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmartinez95

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    I see the ads all the time.

alarm goes off as bad guy is kicking in the door, and the phone rings

Victim answers the phone and is asked if they are alright, responding yes ,the alarm company says they are sending the police.

I personally would like to see it go like this.

Alarm goes off and bad guy is kicking in the door. Several shots are heard and when the alarm company calls.

Please send someone to pick up this POS they are getting my floor dirty.

I am not trying to get a flame started, but would really like to have some feedback on this.

If my home alarm goes off I guarantee you the last thing I'm going to grab is my phone!! :) I doubt the intruder will run away INSTANTLY after hearing the siren, so I'm not gonna give 'em a chance to harm my family or take anything if I am able to. Besides, I'm sure Brinks will dispatch the police anyway after I don't answer my house phone or my cell phone...

Edit:
    Saw some good points in other posts about lighting. I have good lighting around all entrances to my house and a motion activated light by my garage (detached at the rear of the house). And I'm cool with my neighbors too (the wife doesn't work so she's home all day :)). I figure I want to make my house as unattractive to a would-be thief as possible.
    Guns International

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    Outside lighting is what you want. No inside lighting, don't want the bad guy to see you. Just put a bright light on your gun.

Most alarms will have instant-on for back doors and windows. You may have your garage door or front entry door on delay. These doors should be fortified to slow down entry during the delay.

There is no alarm on your garage. Bad guys try to get in your garage first so they can do their dirty work unnoticed. If you have attic access in your garage, install a hasp and padlock to the panel. It's also easy to cut a hole in the wall between the garage and house to gain access with no alarm going off.

thehemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Texas
    I just consider it another level of security to thwart criminals
    that are less likely to want to have any confrontation. Motion
    detection lights outside, locked doors and windows and then an
    alarm siren upon entry. I imagine that will deter most criminals.
    The ones that remain are the ones you know are intent on harm
    or serious damage and need an even higher dose of defense.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    That was a great video. Like that lady said, she don't have a couple of minutes. There's no time to wait for some fat cop to show up to defend you, in times like that you have to defend yourself, which she did quite well as a matter of fact. Need more women like her.

cmartinez95

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Outside lighting is what you want. No inside lighting, don't want the bad guy to see you. Just put a bright light on your gun.

Most alarms will have instant-on for back doors and windows. You may have your garage door or front entry door on delay. These doors should be fortified to slow down entry during the delay.

There is no alarm on your garage. Bad guys try to get in your garage first so they can do their dirty work unnoticed. If you have attic access in your garage, install a hasp and padlock to the panel. It's also easy to cut a hole in the wall between the garage and house to gain access with no alarm going off.

You nailed it. Additionaly I have solar screens on my windows, so it's damn near impossible to see anything inside the house when the lights are off. At night I always set the alarm to instant on, so no delay if any door or window is opened. Having a detached garage worried me a bit, so I had the Brinks Tech wire up the garage door for me too (the door I walk in through, not the actual garage door). Like I said before, I'm doing what I can to make my home unattractive to theives.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    You nailed it. Additionaly I have solar screens on my windows, so it's damn near impossible to see anything inside the house when the lights are off. At night I always set the alarm to instant on, so no delay if any door or window is opened. Having a detached garage worried me a bit, so I had the Brinks Tech wire up the garage door for me too (the door I walk in through, not the actual garage door). Like I said before, I'm doing what I can to make my home unattractive to theives.

Overhead type garage doors in general are a waste to try and alarm. You can put a screwdriver through one of those doors very easily, or anything else for that matter. Very very thin metal, and some are now even composite plastics. If a thief wants in he will get in, and those garage doors are really inviting to thieves because of the lack of structural integrity of the doors.

Top Bottom