• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Not sure if anyone here is HVAC savvy but here it goes. I tried to install one of these today, the box said I needed a C wire but the honeywell site said if I didn't have one I could use the existing jumper system and it would still work off of the RH wire. I tried about every combination I could think of, the Y,G,and W were common sense wires to where they go but I had an RH wire and a jumper in the RH to RC slow on my older current thermostat.

Any ideas on how to get this unit to work and power on or am I going to have to run a C wire from the A/C/heating unit? The unit itself in the garage is relatively new, within the last 8 years or so new so I would have assumed a C wire would have been ran but maybe not used but I didn't see one in the wiring hole behind the thermostat.
    Hurley's Gold

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Post a picture of the connections made in your furnace unit. You need to match those to the thermostat as not everyone respects the "code"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgfL_6cF0sv910hMpIJSW01W3nTb

Above is the image from the original wall panel unit, I'll have to wait until day to get one of the A/C / Heating unit. I need to check anyways to see if another wire is there and just wasn't connected up. I need to find another free image sharing site, ever since imageshack and photobucket went paid I've been sharing via my one drive.

I guess the good news is, with my stupidity of trying different things based on the website and some theories, I didn't short circuit anything as the original unit works just fine. The new unit is much cleaner in design, too bad I can't use it just yet.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    The picture helped.
    What you need is to get the blue wire out and connect it to C in the thermostat, also in the furnace you need to connect the blue wire from the thermostat together with the blue wire from the condenser in the common.
    Just to be sure, post a picture of the furnace board. In case they used something else than blue for common.

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    That is correct, the blue wire completes the circuit to give you constant power to your thermostat. 24v

Top Bottom