• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I have 6 daughters, and knowing your pain, I say a prayer for you when I see you here. Keep moving forward. It gets easier.

I lost my wife in a violent crash too. We understand your pain.

Dang Deemus.
    That's pretty powerful.
    Stirs some old feelings up.
    Lynx Defense

StukasSis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2022
    DFW
    It makes you special seeing as most member her are guy. Women who own guns for what ever reason is another check on special.

Well having only brothers, and when my older brother alive he was my best friend kinda just always made me one of the guys. Shooting was what we always did together and is just still something that I to get better at. Every Saturday was gun range then pork chops at the bikini bar with him lol
    201e615b68e92d05e1730d1506d945b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well having only brothers, and when my older brother alive he was my best friend kinda just always made me one of the guys. Shooting was what we always did together and is just still something that I to get better at. Every Saturday was gun range then pork chops at the bikini bar with him lol
    201e615b68e92d05e1730d1506d945b2.jpg

My late wife was a natural great shot. Really don't understand it because her dad had some really crappy guns. Her brother was young so she might have been the one schooling him on shooting.

Back when we were still dating I still had my FFL & had ordered a H&K P9S target model in .45 acp. Went to an indoor range in South Houston to see how it shot. I think it might have been the very first time I took her shooting. So we send a target down range & I load a magazine & show her the controls on the gun. It has a decocker and that was all new to me. The safety was pretty standard & the magazine release is old school European on the bottom of the grip.

She loads the magazine racked the slide took the safety off and her very first shot took out the X. When we entered the range there were two older guys already shooting. And they were both checking her out. With the first shot they had been waiting while listen to me telling her what was up. With that first shoot both of the older guys were freaking the phuc out. She shot all 7 rounds in one of the tightest groups I had ever seen out of most people I have shot with.

The P9S is a superb pistol. From the polygon barrel to the roller lock action it 's a great gun. Then the fact that it has an adjustable trigger(which I set when I first got it) just makes it a great gun for a women or man to shoot.

The two guys lipped off saying she couldn't do it again if she tried. I produced a $100.00 bill & told them to put up or STFU. They declined the bet.

When sail foams were becoming more common, her mother convinced her that she really need one for protection. It was around her birthday so I went into a store & was checking it out. When the salesman broke it all down as to what it cost for the phone & monthly service, my jaw hit the floor. Of course I mentioned it was going to be for my wife & he thought he had me sewn up. I told him phuc for that kind of MoneyI'll buy her a Glock, and I did. She shot that Glock ask good as the H&K.

StukasSis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2022
    DFW
    My late wife was a natural great shot. Really don't understand it because her dad had some really crappy guns. Her brother was young so she might have been the one schooling him on shooting.

Back when we were still dating I still had my FFL & had ordered a H&K P9S target model in .45 acp. Went to an indoor range in South Houston to see how it shot. I think it might have been the very first time I took her shooting. So we send a target down range & I load a magazine & show her the controls on the gun. It has a decocker and that was all new to me. The safety was pretty standard & the magazine release is old school European on the bottom of the grip.

She loads the magazine racked the slide took the safety off and her very first shot took out the X. When we entered the range there were two older guys already shooting. And they were both checking her out. With the first shot they had been waiting while listen to me telling her what was up. With that first shoot both of the older guys were freaking the phuc out. She shot all 7 rounds in one of the tightest groups I had ever seen out of most people I have shot with.

The P9S is a superb pistol. From the polygon barrel to the roller lock action it 's a great gun. Then the fact that it has an adjustable trigger(which I set when I first got it) just makes it a great gun for a women or man to shoot.

The two guys lipped off saying she couldn't do it again if she tried. I produced a $100.00 bill & told them to put up or STFU. They declined the bet.

When sail foams were becoming more common, her mother convinced her that she really need one for protection. It was around her birthday so I went into a store & was checking it out. When the salesman broke it all down as to what it cost for the phone & monthly service, my jaw hit the floor. Of course I mentioned it was going to be for my wife & he thought he had me sewn up. I told him phuc for that kind of MoneyI'll buy her a Glock, and I did. She shot that Glock ask good as the H&K.

That’s a great story. It’s funny how a lot of women can come out and be really great natural shots in high school all I ever shot with him or our family shotguns and then when I got married the first time, he bought me my first pistol, which was a Sigg and I loved it, had this thing with me about not being very good at saying I love you, but when I got divorced, the first time his way of telling me he loved me when I started dating again, was to walk by put down this little revolver and look at me and say “ don’t die“ and so now what I carry on me all the time is my “don’t die“ it’s one of my favorite memories of my brother.
    52187bf74f0cd43b10645119ab41c743.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That’s a great story. It’s funny how a lot of women can come out and be really great natural shots in high school all I ever shot with him or our family shotguns and then when I got married the first time, he bought me my first pistol, which was a Sigg and I loved it, had this thing with me about not being very good at saying I love you, but when I got divorced, the first time his way of telling me he loved me when I started dating again, was to walk by put down this little revolver and look at me and say “ don’t die“ and so now what I carry on me all the time is my “don’t die“ it’s one of my favorite memories of my brother.

You had a great brother, and it very apparent he loved you very much.

StukasSis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2022
    DFW
    IIRC, the time I met him he was anything but an ass. Just a genuine guy.
    As we used to say, he don't put on airs for nobody.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

You are so very correct, he was an extremely genuine man. He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. But maybe give you a little hell at the same time. I’m glad to hear a fond recollection of him from someone here. Guns and motorcycles were definitely his thing, and the gun thing I am getting better at all the time reading the different forums here. I just gotta do better with the motorcycles now that I have one of his Harleys, I have a lot to learn about vintage Shovelheads

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon

That same revolver is my EDC and has been for a decade. The only thing I did to it is get a set of Crimson Trace green laser grips. It goes everywhere with me, in spite of owning Glocks, S/As, Colts, Wilson Combat, Beretta, and probably a few I can't remember.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    That same revolver is my EDC and has been for a decade. The only thing I did to it is get a set of Crimson Trace green laser grips. It goes everywhere with me, in spite of owning Glocks, S/As, Colts, Wilson Combat, Beretta, and probably a few I can't remember.
    Been carrying its close cousin pocket/EDC so long I gotta remember to take it out of the pants pocket before they go in the washing machine.

Attachments

• EDC.JPG
      EDC.JPG
      25.3 KB · Views: 38
    Top Bottom