• ...and so much more!
  • Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    Ive caught flying brass in mid air straight from the gun before... but then again i have been known to pick up hot cast iron skillets and take things out of the oven without oven mitts.... my dad was the same way. i think we were born with some sort of super high tolerance to heat or something.

spill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Friend of mine had the unfortunate luck of having a 45acp case come back off the wall at Reds and lodge behind the rim of his safety glasses. Has a bit of a permanent uncolored teardrop “brand” there now.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Ive caught flying brass in mid air straight from the gun before... but then again i have been known to pick up hot cast iron skillets and take things out of the oven without oven mitts.... my dad was the same way. i think we were born with some sort of super high tolerance to heat or something.

The farrier's favorite comeback, when he accidentally picks up a hot horseshoe and a bystander asks him if it burned:

"Nope, just didn't take me long to look at it."

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    A range I used to go to in San Diego (Oceanside) had really poor ventilation and air circulation... and being SoCal in the summer, I normally wore tank tops, shorts and flip flops.

long story short, I often caught brass bouncing off the lane dividers on my neck or right arm... and it would stick from the sweat.

Luckily I'm dark so burns just look like dirt lol.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Steve_In_29

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    St John's, AZ
    OP, think of it as good practice for you, as you can't always dress for shooting when CCWing and loosing your cool in the middle of a defense shooting wouldn't be a good idea.

Marine rifle range, I was a left handed only shooter back then, rapid fire prone and caught an empty from the shooter to my left down my sleeve in the middle of shooting my first mag. Had to finish the mag, do a mag change and then fire them off and wait for "cease fire" to get that thing off my skin.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I feel your pain! I started shooting rifle competition using M1 Garands in 30-06. Having a fellow Garand shooter on your left while shooting prone can get you burned. You haven't lived until one of those smoking hot hulls lands on a cheek of your butt then sits there and sizzles!

I remember one hull that landed open side up in a rain puddle. It sat there smoking like a chimney!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Pants might help a little bit there.

Brought to you by the fine folks at:

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    pics of burn mark?
    I got a NEW burn mark yesterday. This one’s on my face though.

I didn’t even make a big deal out of being pegged in the face until later when it started bothering me.
    Now I guess I’ll just put triple antibiotic on it. That or rub some dirt on it but that will make me look like a hobo.
    VdVLbp.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I got a NEW burn mark yesterday. This one’s on my face though.

I didn’t even make a big deal out of being pegged in the face until later when it started bothering me.
    Now I guess I’ll just put triple antibiotic on it. That or rub some dirt on it but that will make me look like a hobo.
    View attachment 151056
    Welcome to my world, of course my burns have burns.

Top Bottom