• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    My first few years of military service was during Nam and I was very close with my M16A1. In a MILITARY combat situation, which NONE of the folks here on this site are facing here in Texas, I used high capacity rounds. If you are talking hand guns and personal defense, I don't see any reason not to carry as many rounds as will fit normally in the grip/mag... I guess 17 would be about it. To use mags that hang out of the weapon 6 inches or more, make them impossible to conceal well, weight the pistol poorly and would tend to cause firing failures I don't see a need for. You have a perfect right, which I support, to buy/own them. I just said I didn't see a need.

As far as single stack vs double stack, my opinion changed about that over the years as semi-autos with double stacks fed more reliably. The .45 was pretty much the handgun of choice for a long while then it sort of shifted to the 9mm with its higher capacity. Obviously, you can make an argument either way...
    Target Sports

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    In a MILITARY combat situation, which NONE of the folks here on this site are facing here in Texas, I used high capacity rounds.
    Have you been to the border in recent years. There are plenty of folks in Texas that face combat situations, albeit from Mexican cartel people, not an "army" in the sense you speak of.
    Again, I am not sure of what concealed carry has to do with high cap mags. I can carry a Glock all day long on my ranch with a 33 rd mag hanging out of it and never conceal it for a minute. While I am not one of them, there are many on here that are pushing hard for an open carry law.

As others on here have already stated, I am fine with you not wanting to have a 33rd mag, as long as you dont impede on my right to own one.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    In a MILITARY combat situation, which NONE of the folks here on this site are facing here in Texas, I used high capacity rounds.

MS-13 has 50,000 members. Mexican cartels are moving into South Texas, and the Feds aren't stopping them. Remember New Orleans after Katrina? LA during the riots? The dollar weakens as our enemies grow stronger. The veneer of civility is showing holes and a "military combat situation" is an increasing possibility for many Americans. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, and the easiest part of that is owning the correct gear.

Oh, and add to that our founder's intent that the people of the USA would be willing and able to overthrow a corrupt and bloated government.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    On that note, do we have any Alarma! readers here? Last issue showed the gangs are now skinning people's heads, leaving the skinned decapitated heads, flaccid faces, chopped up bodies and severed genitals in public places, staged for the police and bystanders. They even spelled the word, "Metro" in their victims intestines. It looked like something out of Predator, but much worse. I don't get sick easily, but that had to be one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Top Bottom