Target Sports

House panel finds IRS official waived Fifth Amendment right, can be forced to testify

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If certain rights (such as the political speech aspects of the First Amendment) are denied military personnel, I agree with Itchin. Part of having a senior government position should be exemption from Fifth Amendment protection during any corruption proceeding.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    If certain rights (such as the political speech aspects of the First Amendment) are denied military personnel, I agree with Itchin. Part of having a senior government position should be exemption from Fifth Amendment protection during any corruption proceeding.

I was going to disagree with itchin....but this is a great point.
    Naw. To hell with that -screw him. The IRS makes you provide them information that they can use to prosecute you. Justice served.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    They can't FORCE her to testify. That can attach a penalty for not testifying but torture and drugs won't be applied!

This is SOP for our government today as they rapidly erode protections and Rights under the law. The IRS official is still a citizen and I will not support ANY erosion of Constitutionally protected rights. Once they start making exceptions to those guarantees, it simply makes the Libtards stronger.

Flash

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    They can't FORCE her to testify. That can attach a penalty for not testifying but torture and drugs won't be applied!

This is SOP for our government today as they rapidly erode protections and Rights under the law. The IRS official is still a citizen and I will not support ANY erosion of Constitutionally protected rights. Once they start making exceptions to those guarantees, it simply makes the Libtards stronger.

Flash

It's a tough call for me, but I'd have to agree. Maybe let her have her right to remain silent, but see if she still wants it after a little water boarding? Haha, I'm just kidding... Mostly.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    House panel finds IRS official waived Fifth Amendment right, can be forced to t

This is why republicans piss me off, when she made her opening statement, of I didn't do anything wrong, then her eff you I plead the 5th.

They should have spent the entire day, say did you target groups based off your perceptions of their political officiating?

I plead the 5th

Did you treat different groups equally?

I plead the 5th

The whole damn day.

Then call her back the next day. And do it all over again.

But no instead they just let her go.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Part of having a senior government position should be exemption from Fifth Amendment protection during any corruption proceeding.
    Oddly, she has fewer rights during the real investigations than she has before a Congressional inquiry. You can plead the 5th before Congress. In practical terms, when you're in the room with a Special Agent from the Inspector General for your agency or bureau you don't have the same protection. Failure to talk leads to loss of employment.

I've been questioned in little rooms by Special Agents at least a dozen times in my life. I once told my boss he should give me higher numbers on my annual evaluation because I had been cleared by the Inspector General in three different investigations in the year just past; he was not amused. IOW, I know the drill. It ain't fun. But at the high levels, loss of employment isn't the threat. The threat is the bad publicity. Bring bad publicity to the agency and your career goes down the drain.

Her chances for career advancement are probably rather limited at this point.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    House panel finds IRS official waived Fifth Amendment right, can be forced to t

In this administration her chances of advancement are enhanced. She didn't bust on anyone. Barry just recently promoted someone else (I don't remember who off hand) that got caught doing wrong and didn't rat on anyone.

SHe was heading up the IRS involvement with Obamacare...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom