Houston Area AR Storefronts

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Archangel1596, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Archangel1596

Archangel1596 New Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Sugar Land
    I have been looking to build an AR15 and have been to SOG twice, but have also heard that although the quality is great, they are ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know of any other good shops, especially on the southwest side of town?

2. BigRedDog

BigRedDog New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Katy
    Try Texas Tactical Gear

Jen is good people.

281-484-0800

se side but worth the drive, I drive there from Katy, RIGHT PAST SOG.

3. 30+GSXR

30+GSXR Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I went to a store on the south west side "Fountain Firearms" That store was stuffed with all kinds of goodies. - Might be worth a look see.

4. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    texas Tactical - Jen Workman, 45 and dixie farm I think

The Armory, Chris, League city, 45 and 518.

5. smschulz

smschulz Paid for CUT TGT Supporter

Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    SOG is not only expensive ~ you have to assault them to get any assistance. I don't go there anymore. Plus, I tried to get a firearm transfered to them but they made it impossible and I went elsewhere.

6. Archangel1596

Archangel1596 New Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Sugar Land
    I think I might just get my lower receiver from SOG. They are having a good deal on a lower frame for $85 and lower parts kit for $69. If anyone knows of any other good deals, that would be cool. I have been to Fountain Firearms before, but they mostly have handguns and the like, but a really good place if you want a Glock. Thanks SC-Texas and BigRed for the new locations. I will have to check them out.

7. smschulz

smschulz Paid for CUT TGT Supporter

Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    For other non-FFL parts > there are many, many great AR online parts companies.
    Pretty quick to ship, no sales tax (but there is shipping chgs) and you can get exactly what you want.
    I would find it very hard to get everything I wanted locally, but not impossible if you are not picky (unfortunately I am).
    Otherwise if you must buy locally ~ I would wait until the next Gun Show (like this Sat in Pasadena)
    Good Luck.

8. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
  9. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    You might try Rob over at Talon Arms. Not only is he a forum sponsor but he is a hell of a nice guy. They know the AR platform backwards and forwards and can get anything for you if they dont have it. I have bought 2 or 3 AR's from him.

10. jgon281

jgon281 New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Sugar Land
    those guys are very helpful @ SOG ... seems most of them have military experience . Fun to chat em' up and b.s. w/ them too... You can get stuff on the web cheaper but owning and operating a store front makes SOG raise prices . They are well stocked now ! Those milled and anodized receivers that they carry are so so sweet !!!! I will take one in dark earth please !!!!!! Santa are you digging this ?