• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Go for it, won't hurt my feelings. You WILL be made fun of if you're shooting 4" groups though

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Those 4" groups were from steel cased 55 gr Russian bargain bin 223 thru a 1:7 twist rifle at 100 yards lol.

Hell, I'll GIVE you a box of that exact cheapo russian 55 gr 223 to shoot, and if you can do any better than 4" at 100 with that shitty ammo, i'll praise your shooting capabilities for a week straight all over this forum.

Assuming i can make it, of course. Not saying i'll be there, i don't announce shit ahead of time anymore.

Last edited:

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Those 4" groups were from steel cased 55 gr Russian bargain bin 223 thru a 1:7 twist rifle at 100 yards lol.

Hell, I'll GIVE you a box of that exact cheapo russian 55 gr 223 to shoot, and if you can do any better than 4" at 100 with that shitty ammo, i'll praise your shooting capabilities for a week straight all over this forum.

Assuming i can make it, of course. Not saying i'll be there, i don't announce shit ahead of time anymore.

I see a challenge brewing!

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    he's going to argue that i was using a borrowed and hastily mounted nightforce scope. He can use one too if anyone lets him borrow one hahaha.

Hell, we can both shoot my gun, so that optics and irons are the exact same. I will refrain from talking myself up, or him down, though. I honestly have no idea how it'd turn out, i've never seen jared shoot lol.

But like i said, this is all assuming i can make it. If i can, i show up, if i can't, i don't pledge that i will anymore anyway so it doesn't matter lol.

Last edited:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    he's going to argue that i was using a borrowed and hastily mounted nightforce scope. He can use one too if anyone lets him borrow one hahaha.

Hell, we can both shoot my gun, so that optics and irons are the exact same. I will refrain from talking myself up, or him down, though. I honestly have no idea how it'd turn out, i've never seen jared shoot lol.

But like i said, this is all assuming i can make it. If i can, i show up, if i can't, i don't pledge that i will anymore anyway so it doesn't matter lol.

Probably best that you don't pledge to show up given your track record of backing out.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I don't think they check the # of guns you say you have.

I have told them 1 before when I had 2 and there wasn't a problem.

I've never had them check my receipt or count my guns either but you could just pay for 1 pistol and 1 rifle. Leave the extras in the car and swap them in and out. They can't bitch if you only got 1 of each on the firing line at any given time.

They charge by the number of guns you will be shooting, so how is doing what you are both suggesting any different than stealing?

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    They charge by the number of guns you will be shooting, so how is doing what you are both suggesting any different than stealing?

Good grief.

You work for them or something?

Get yourself some coffee and wake up out of that mood.

I went last week with my brother and told them we had 3 guns and 2 shooters. It was $30, so they obviously didn't hit us per gun. I guess it is a judgement call on there part, and if you are a frequent flyer, maybe they cut you some slack.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin

They should clarify what you're paying for then.

I see it as paying extra for convenience and not having to hike back to your car each time you switch guns. You're still only shooting only 1 gun at a time, so why does it cost 3-4x if you bring more guns? It's not like their target holders or berm are going to wear out any faster if you bring 5 guns because you're still shooting only 1 at a time. The only answer that makes sense is you're paying extra for convenience to have all your stuff close by. So leave them in the car and only have the number you paid for on you at any given time and deal with the hassle of hiking back to the car. Sounds like a fair deal to me, if that's not what they meant with the pricing then they should clarify.

Doesn't really matter to me anyway. I never bring more than 2 guns and always pay for both or I go as a guest of a member there. But I can see how someone who hauls 7 or 8 guns out there will get reamed in the wallet and wonder what they're paying for.

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Good grief.

You work for them or something?

Get yourself some coffee and wake up out of that mood.

I was just asking a question; you're the one that seems to be in a mood. LOL

I was just playing Devil's Advocate, because I have been known to "cheat" their system a bit due to the lack of clarity they give when you pay.

Here's the pricinig info from their website:

Rifle & Pistol

$15.00 per person
    (1 person / 1 gun)

$5.00- each additional gun
    Range fee is good for the day.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I don't mind paying correctly. Their range, their rules.
    Will probably have 5 or 6 laying out because I'm not going to feel like hauling all that stuff back and forth to the vehicle.
    Ain't nobody gots time fo dat. :laughing:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    One more question about ASC.
    Is carrying and/or drawing a handgun from a holster allowed?
    or must all guns stay on the table or rack when not being fired?

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    One more question about ASC.
    Is carrying and/or drawing a handgun from a holster allowed?
    or must all guns stay on the table or rack when not being fired?

All guns must stay on the table or rack when not being fired.

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Which is not to say that you can not carry a concealed handgun if a licensee.

Your holstered handgun is to remain properly concealed.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious.

Top Bottom