• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Even worse... Its a strip club tax to fund the ACTUAL PROCESSING of the already existing rape kits. Houston is so broke, processing rape kits isn't a real priority. You would think a lesbian mayor would have fixed that on Day 1, but...

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    To pay for the processing of evidence? That's horrendous mismanagement.

It's all Tapatalk or the iPhone's fault.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    "The city actually has more than 6,600 unprocessed kits containing swabs and other DNA evidence collected in cases of sexual assault. The backlog has existed for years as police have said they do not have the resources to process the evidence as fast as it comes in."

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    What could be her motivation for delaying such a process till after her term is over?

Ms. Steinem or our Lesbian Mayor? I can't figure out an answer regardless of who you're talking about. These kits have the ability to EXCLUDE folks as much as they find guilty perps. So perhaps she doesn't want to be the mayor to deal with a bunch of wrongful convictions that could have been avoided by simply testing the evidence they had in their possession. This is literally repugnant to our system of justice and to victims who have endured a forcible sexual assault(including minors). Shame on every person who has played any part in this.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Sucks for the victims, but adult clubs cant be blamed for everything. This is just stupid. I like Matefrios analogy
    What's next a tax on ice cream for diabetes research?

I got one, a tax on my paycheck to pay for healthcare for people who choose not to work.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Jesus, 6,600 untested kits? Thats just disgusting that out of all the things the government prioritizes funding for, this is not one of them. We'll pay people unemployment and provide all kinds of handouts to able-bodied citizens but put sexual assault cases on the backburner... I'm not a Houston resident but this still infuriates me.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Thats just disgusting that out of all the things the government prioritizes funding for, this is not one of them.

So Fn True. Submitting to a rape kit is a 4-6 hour process(or more) and is not a pleasurable experience for a victim to go through and we can't even bother to run the tests on the evidence collected.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Even worse... Its a strip club tax to fund the ACTUAL PROCESSING of the already existing rape kits. Houston is so broke, processing rape kits isn't a real priority. You would think a lesbian mayor would have fixed that on Day 1, but...

Nope on day one she reinstated the expired sanctuary bill and returned the 200,000+ illegals that were being processed and deported in the week that it lapsed.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Why is Houston in Texas? I mean sure doens't fit the profile that I as a former Illinois resident thought. But then again before I moved I knew quite a bit about Sheila Jackson Lee... amazing they vote folks into office.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Why is Houston in Texas? I mean sure doens't fit the profile that I as a former Illinois resident thought.
    Houston, like any city, has it's problems to be sure, but she offers plenty of pluses as well.

Go ahead, kick her out of Texas and see what happens to the states economy. Better yet, just close her down completely and see what happens to the nations if not the worlds petroleum situation. Then there is NASA (ok, that JUST recently changed) and a medical center unlike any other in the world full of both research and treatment. Guess you get the idea ...

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Why is Houston in Texas? I mean sure doens't fit the profile that I as a former Illinois resident thought. But then again before I moved I knew quite a bit about Sheila Jackson Lee... amazing they vote folks into office.

Alot of what is happening in Houston is what the current administration wants for the whole nation, there are way too many people in that city living off the government tit and more that want on it or want more from it. Then you have to look at all those that left New Orleans because of Katrina that now live in Houston that are still getting government checks.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Just like any urban environ, you have the welfare families that keep voting in those that would give them a freebie. The majority of conservatives seem to live outside the city's limits based on the actions of the city council.

Top Bottom