• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    ok. Enough of the strip mall pizza dives in BFE hwy 6 that serves rice piss that passes for beer made by foreign owned SABMiller or InBev. Why wait to call it Tuesday when it can be called today.

It is time to upscale a bit. Centrally located for ease of access. Just a few blocks North of 59.

Hendricks Pub & Eatery

map

This is a nice place. They got hot chick bartenders and waitresses. It will be a bit louder because some of the walls are wood paneling. Good decor.
    Of course. Good food and even better ales. Plenty of parking. Prices are reasonable. About the same as Richmond Arms. Burger or Sandwich under $10 and quite a few more entrees for under $20.

This will be a new one for the Houston Crew.

Edit: this place has a RED gun sign so no CCW inside

I have been scoping out new and better places to meet up.
    Kelvin Arms is a winner.
    BRC is a great place but was not given a chance by the summer crowd.
    Petrol Station is absolutely awesome.
    I think this one will be a winner also.

Upcoming.
    Liberty Station. Great bar but no food. There is a huge menu of restaurants on Washington that deliver to Liberty Station. Basically, you phone in a food delivery and eat at the bar. Parking is ok and there are plenty of tables. Mostly outdoors. About the same situation as Little Woodrows on Alabama except better beer and cool chick bartenders.
    Queen Vic pub on Richmond near Kirby.
    Firkin and Phoenix pub.
    Rockwell Tavern and Grill - Cypress
    Onion Creek.
    a few more...
    Target Sports

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Wow, this one is the most do-able yet for me. Literally a few blocks from where I work. Now, I just gotta be able to get out of work by 6pm without the world ending. If so, I'm there.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    May or may not go.

Message for Barry: you might want to have a little respect for the people attending the meets you keep calling. We don't all make a lot of money. I can tell you right now I CANNOT afford $15 plates of food and $8 beers. BRC was a HORRIBLE choice because the parking was almost non-existent, it was EXTREMELY loud inside and it was EXTREMELY expensive. The meets seem to be centered around grossly expensive restaurants that are very out of the way and inconvenient. When we first started doing these meets about six years ago or so (and yes I am one of the original Houston Crew), we were interested in cheap beer, the ability to hear own fucking voice, a reasonable location and the good company of friends. The original crew moved away from a lot of the meets and have begun hosting our own meets on the side or simply getting together at friends' homes because of the recent change in location choices. In fact, I think I'll go ahead and call the next one myself just to set you straight. We don't all make $100k a year and can afford $15 plates of food.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    Ok.

As you can see from the menu, appetizers are pretty expensive. This is going to be at every restaurant for the most part.
    The most expensive item at Hendricks is the short ribs for $20. Most items are under $10 so this place is not that expensive. BRC has a chef and is hugely popular and crowded almost every night. BRC is supposed to be a mid town alternative to Yardhouse since any place in City Centre is expensive.
    BRC, Yardhouse, Zaki, El Tiempo, and a few others are pricey, no doubt.
    Even Cedar Creek and Brick House are more expensive than Hendricks.
    When some of these places have steak night, you are going to pay $13 - $15 for that steak plate... Cedar Creek, Kelvin Arms, Royal Oaks, etc.
    Hendricks compares in prices to both Stags Head and Richmond Arms. You can compare the menus. ($5 cardboard pizza not included).

Tomorrow, I will be at Hendricks. You don't have to go if you don't want to.
    At least I am making an effort to find decent places to meet up and I announce in advance instead of at the last minute.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I'm sorry to be such an asshole about Tuesday nights.
    I would like for Tuesday nights to get out of the rut that has been prevalent over the spring and summer.
    If you call a Tuesday night, please make it interesting, entertaining, and unique.

Not I, nor any one individual should be calling a Tuesday night more than once in a sixty day period if things were ideal.
    I wish you were there to participate.
    If you were there, you would have understood why I called this place.

... and if you were there, you would have understood the message above.

It was awesome!

Top Bottom