• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    Ok. It is time to nut up and call a meet.
    Hendricks Pub

After a long absence it is time to get together.
    Hendricks Pub for a good time and beer brain trivia.
    Prices are reasonable and craft beers abound.
    Every time Texas Gun Talk meets here and plays beer brain trivia we wipe the floor with these nosebleeds and with free rounds. Last time we won $50 bar tab. Thanks to all those who participated.

Are you ready?

3320 Kirby centrally located for your convenience.
    North of Richmond and south of Alabama on the west side of Kirby
    Venture Surplus ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I honestly did not see any other post when I posted this one. It took me a while to compose it on my iPad and I was requested in person to call Hendricks by 3 different people since last November. No one has posted anything in a long time and I have been busy. It took me a while to get the post together and I touched base with a couple of folks on the phone before I posted just to make sure. Within that time Brian posted his. I was creating two posts during that period of time. I actually hadn't planned on posting anything but some TGT folks wanted to get together at a decent place. Thus, I posted.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    The other post is on arfcom.
    However, I did start composing the original post at 9:30 pm while in discussion with some TGT folks about the absence of meetups.
    Since we are considering beer brain trivia I needed to line up some ringers for our group. This took some time even though some of them have been asking about doing BBT for a while now.
    I needed to cover the bases of Science, Mathematics, History, Religion, and popular culture. Most TGT folks cover history pretty well.
    However, Fermat's Last Theorem, Planck's Constant, and who the hell is Heisenberg are concerns.
    As well, What famous Black Athletes are having sex with which Kardiashian and how disgusting in comparison are Rosie O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow and how do they relate. Even Jeopardy contestants could not name Rachel Maddow. These little disgusting facts can actually be important when it comes to trivial questions under the influence of craft beer.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Wait - y'all are arguing about where\when to have a good time? :deadhorse:

Remember, you could be a native like me but now live 100 miles out of the fun zone. Do both.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    Funny thing. Lupe Tortilla is basically around the corner from Hendricks about a quarter mile or so. The conflicting posting was inadvertent and since no one has posted anything for two months I jumped on the bandwagon last night. People can do both without much trouble. I am now committed because I actually invited some folks to show.
    I get a lot of feedback and people asking me to post Hendricks or Petrol Station. The weather today is such that everyone needs to stay indoors so Hendricks is a good choice. I have never been to Lupe Tortilla.
    We will see how things go and I thing we will get some folks to show up to both locations.

Top Bottom