• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I know this a repeat from last month but we had such a huge time with Beer Brain Trivia it sparked an interest in doing it again. This was discussed and agreed at the latest meet.
    Hendricks Pub - Pub, Restaurant - Houston, TX | Facebook
    Hendricks Pub & Eatery
    map
    There is a ton of parking in the back. Plenty of room and plenty of tables.
    Here is the deal. Besides the Happy Hour specials, they have Beer Brain Trivia that starts at 7. Everyone moves indoors to take part so this will be a mostly indoor meet after 6:45 or so for those who don't want to be around smoking.
    Basically BBT is a team trivia game with cash prizes for the top 3 winners. The top prize last time was $150 which could have paid for most of the bar tab. The questions are fairly simple but it takes a diverse team to answer all of them correctly. Old TV shows, science, and history questions are among the challenges for the teams. The cool thing is that we call carry on a conversation and be social while the game is going on. We just have to pause for the questions and answers.
    The last time we did this, four of us came in when the game was half over and still earned 105 points. The winner only achieved 170 points. It was a blast. I figure a team of 6 or more could clean up at this game.
    Most of the menu items are less than $10 and the highest priced item is $20. Beer and ale prices vary depending on the style but are on par with most restaurants.. Some of the more exotic craft ales are $7 or more so be sure you know what you order.
    This is one not to miss and is something different.

anim_beer.gif

License #: MB775391

Trade Name: ROAK/TWIST/HENDRICK'S PUB

Owner: GWV KIRBY LLC
    Location Address: 3320 KIRBY DR SUITE A B AND C

HOUSTON , TX 770983217

Mailing Address: 12302 WESTMERE DR

HOUSTON , TX 770773924

County: Harris Orig. Issue Date: 5/19/2011
    Wine Percent:
    Location Phone No.: Gun Sign: RED

Subordinates: LB,PE
    Related To:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I will be on my way in a little while. I don't know if I will make the next Tuesday but that leaves it open for the Pasadena and Clear Lake folks. I have a busy next two weeks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    We won Beer Brain Trivia as team TGT. aka Texas Gun Talk.
    It was a blast.

Thanks for all who came out and participated.
    We swept the competition.

It goes to show that our gun loving group are more savvy than the other folks. I knew that would be the case. It paid for most of the remaining tabs.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom