• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Anyone know of a Houston FFL holder that will do a transfer with an out of state license, but with proof of residency in Texas? Apparently getting at teh DPS drivers license office and getting out in under 8 hours is impossible. I am on the Houston/Spring border.
    Texas SOT

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Might have to go outside of the Houston area to get my drivers license sorted out. What a PITA.

mrseatle

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    SW Houston
    Get that done ASAP! I hate NAZI style paperwork as much as the next guy. But I believe if they think you have been living here for a long time without getting the TDL and license plates, the clerk may go out of their way to make things difficult for you. I don't think there are any penalties, but you know how there are minimum requirements and such, they may throw a road test in the mix or something just to spite you. If they think you have been procrastinating in order to avoid taxes...

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ohhhh - I hate going to the DPS office, The one up North off of Grant Rd. - about a 2 hour wait to get inside the building, and then another 2 or 3 after that.
    You gotta camp out like it's BLACK FRIDAY

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Been to the grant rd office 6 times, 5 on my lunch hour, and once after taking a half day, after 3 hours I moved about 2 feet towards the door. :banghead:

Bily Lovec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Eli is giving you the best advice.
    go to ANY office, when I lived on the northside, Id drive up to Cleveland, Tx. 20 minute drive, 2 minute wait. I would be gone from my house on kingwood an hour... :-)

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Thanks for the advice. Thats what I will do. Luckily i found a ffl to do the transfer, so one problem down one to go.

pytheus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Gotta get tehre 30 min before they open, stake a space outside at the front of the line, onlyn way such an excursion is possible or even tolerable.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom