Lynx Defense

Houston, I need a 1911 plunger tube staked.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • somedudefromhouston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    houston
    Just got my Combat Commander back from being hard chromed, its sho nuff pretty , but the tube is a bit wiggly. I hope someone has the tools to do it right/quick for a beer or heartfelt gratitude. Or else I will order the Brownells tool and be that guy next time. Thanks
    Capitol Armory ad

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I like the one that looks like a set of mangled Vice-grips best...if you wander near San Antonio, drop by and give 'em a squeeze!

Alex

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Just a word to the wise. If it came loose it might come loose again and maybe at the worst possible time like in a gunfight. I would replace it with a new one and have it professionally done so it won't come loose.

Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    You need to get that restaked ASAP.

Just bring it by Briley MFG sometime during the work week and ask if they can do it while you wait; they are quite accommodating and their work is first rate.

Kingsnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Houston
    Sorry to hear about your experience at Briley MFG.

I have brought them a lot of business for 15+ years and many times, at their suggestion, waited while minor 1911 and rifle work was performed, including installation of small parts.

This was clearly bad judgment on their part as they probably would have gained a customer for life.

somedudefromhouston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    houston
    Its the second time I have gotten the same reception there. You're right , its a shame they have run me off again.
    Its a simple task, when I have a new customer drop by with a quick job, I try to accommodate them, maybe even impress them with our service.
    I ordered the tools and will do it myself at this point.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Hang on to that tool! There are enough 1911 shooters in the Houston area it should be in need again soon enough.
    It's a good way to make beer money.

somedudefromhouston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    houston
    Got the tool and got the tube staked. If anyone needs to use it just let me know. Easy to do, and its nice and snug now. If its gets loose again I will get a new tube .

cbunt1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Houston Area
    Got the tool and got the tube staked. If anyone needs to use it just let me know. Easy to do, and its nice and snug now. If its gets loose again I will get a new tube .

That offer still open? my new plunger tube just arrived, and then (and only then) did I realize that, silly me, I forgot to order the staking tool...I suppose could "make" a tool, but why?

There'd be a six-pack of your favorite beverage (adult or otherwise) in it for ya.

Top Bottom