• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Thanks for letting us know. I fired a tweet back at her just for the heck of it:

Houston Mayor @anniseparker thinks it's time for an AWB. She should be more interested in banning cheeseburgers from her face.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I would tweet something back but can't bring myself to get a twitter account.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    i'm glad i don't live in houston (though right next to it...), but unfortunately i'm still in Harris County whose sheriff is just as anti-gun as that **** annise parker

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    I've emailed the Sheriff and asked if he is going to proceed as so many other county sheriffs in the U.S. and come out with a no-enforcement stand on new federal gun laws, reminding him of the TX atty general's position. No reply yet. I'm holding my breath.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    She can **** off.

Houston is a sanctuary city. At least 1 existing federal law doesn't apply here so why should a new one.

Obama's courts have also recently ruled local governments can not enforce federal laws. So my advice to her is eat shit.

Last edited:

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Harris County Sheriff on law enforcement

Here is the reply to my inquiry to Sheriff Garcia about taking a stand like many other sheriffs regarding new federal gun laws:

Thank you for writing.

Sheriff Garcia, a gun-carrying law enforcement officer for 27 years, has already said publicly on multiple occasions that he supports the Second Amendment. He has also said just as often that he takes seriously his oath to enforce the laws of the state of Texas and the United States. In the event of a conflict between state and federal law, the sheriff will look to court rulings and the county attorney’s office for guidance.

Alan Bernstein
    Director of Public Affairs
    Harris County Sheriff's Office
    1200 Baker St.
    Houston TX 77002
    alan.bernstein@sheriff.hctx.net
    http://www.hcso.hctx.net
    iWatch Harris County. Mobile Crime Tipping, iWatch APPs, Iwatch Mobile Apps, Iphone App Design for Business and Municipalities.
    Harris County Sheriff's Office | Facebook

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Here is the reply to my inquiry to Sheriff Garcia about taking a stand like many other sheriffs regarding new federal gun laws:

Thank you for writing.

Sheriff Garcia, a gun-carrying law enforcement officer for 27 years, has already said publicly on multiple occasions that he supports the Second Amendment. He has also said just as often that he takes seriously his oath to enforce the laws of the state of Texas and the United States. In the event of a conflict between state and federal law, the sheriff will look to court rulings and the county attorney’s office for guidance.

Alan Bernstein
    Director of Public Affairs
    Harris County Sheriff's Office
    1200 Baker St.
    Houston TX 77002
    alan.bernstein@sheriff.hctx.net
    http://www.hcso.hctx.net
    iWatch Harris County. Mobile Crime Tipping, iWatch APPs, Iwatch Mobile Apps, Iphone App Design for Business and Municipalities.
    Harris County Sheriff's Office | Facebook

weak sauce

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Oh, come on! This is no surprise! The inner city leftists love this kind of stuff and she's hoping for a bigger role in the Communist Party.

Wait, I think they still CALL themselves the "Democratic Party". Doesn't matter, they are what they are.

Top Bottom