APOD Firearms

Houston - Police refuse to hand over dash cam video teenager claims proves brutality

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    MyFoxHouston: Police refuse to hand over dash cam video teenager claims proves brutality

Jul 25, 2013 6:36 p.m.

19-year-old Jonathan Hartmann was on his way home from his waiter job last month when he got pulled over by League City police.

"Cop light's so I'm like alright sweet, just what I need," Hartmann said.

The reason cops gave for the stop the teenager says was the light over his license plate was out.

When the officers asked Hartmann to exit the car and look for himself, he declined.

That didn't go over well.

"And they pulled me out didn't frisk me, didn't search me for anything," Hartmann said.

They didn't take his cell phone Hartman says so he called his dad.

"They didn't tell me I was under arrest they didn't tell me I couldn't use my phone," said Hartmann.

But the officers apparently weren't too happy about it.

"They both came towards me, tackled me onto the ground ripped the sole of my shoes, ripped my pants," Hartmann said.

When asked if he had any kind of drugs Hartmann pulled 6 Aderall out of his pocket which he says is prescribed to him for ADHD.

After Hartmann refused their request to search his car he says the cops did anyway but found nothing.

"I was kind of in shock," Hartmann said. "Is this really happening?"

When Robert Hartmann arrived he told the officers about his son's ADHD and says he offered to supply them with a prescription but they refused.

Hartmann was arrested that night for drug possession but those charges were later dismissed.

"They pretty much manhandled me for no reason," the teen said. "I hadn't done anything wrong."

And the dash cam video will prove that Hartmann says but the League City Police Department believes it has the legal right to keep that video under wraps and wants the Attorney General's office to agree.

"I feel like they have something to hide by trying to deny us access to it," Robert Hartmann said.

The father and son also asked for video from the booking area the night Jonathan was arrested.

But they say cops are telling them the video camera was malfunctioning that particular night.

"Well I think that's just trying to hide something else," Robert Hartmann said. "Other than that night you've got a copy of it."

The League City Police Department tells Fox 26 Investigates they are not investigating the teenager's brutality claims because there's been no formal complaint.

But Hartman said he will be filing that complaint soon.

As for the video police officals say they will hand it over to Hartmann if the Attorney General's Office tells them to.

--------------------------------------------

Makes me sick on a lot of levels....a couple of which are unjustifed as of yet.

Top Bottom