• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    I have the ability to shoot tiny groups with handguns until the last shot or so. I'll almost always pull one or two out when I see a tiny group. Why? Cuz I look at the damn target. LOL.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I have the ability to shoot tiny groups with handguns until the last shot or so. I'll almost always pull one or two out when I see a tiny group. Why? Cuz I look at the damn target. LOL.

Hmm, I may have to start trying to break that habit. This is the first time I ever heard that advice and seems like it would be a hard habit to break.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    That is interesting advice. I honestly just started doing that when shooting handguns. My reasoning- I felt shooting with my dad's single shot bolt action Anschutz has made me a better rifle shot since I am forced to come off the gun, reload, reacquire site picture, readdress fundamentals(breathing control, etc.), then break the shot. I know you are telling and teaching me the correct way, Lord knows I need it. Ever since I got into black rifles a couple of years ago, my pistol shooting has gone downhill.

Did anyone watch that video and count the holes in the roof? So scary.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Ben's pistols, that HK was pretty sweet
    I agree but I never advise anyone to get one. It's a delayed-blowback design using chamber flutes and a gas-retarded piston to slow slide opening. It carbon-fouls quicker than a bad AR and *requires* a full cleaning every 200 rounds. The older I get, the less I tolerate high-maintenance guns.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I agree but I never advise anyone to get one. It's a delayed-blowback design using chamber flutes and a gas-retarded piston to slow slide opening. It carbon-fouls quicker than a bad AR and *requires* a full cleaning every 200 rounds. The older I get, the less I tolerate high-maintenance guns.

Interesting, I'll have to let my dad know. As I told you, he owns a P7 and I'd bet he hasn't cleaned it 5 times in the 20+ years he's owned it.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    There was a butt load of holes in the tin overhead down at the rifle end of the range. That's almost more disturbing than the pistol end having holes in it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...I'd bet he hasn't cleaned it 5 times in the 20+ years...
    Then let me amend - It requires cleaning if you put 200 rounds of typical (read: fairly dirty) range ammo through it in a day.

I haven't cleaned the pistol since the range day. I'll leave it alone and bring it to the next meetup. As soon as you try to move the slide, you'll understand. Then I'll disassemble it and show you the mechanism. It's a wonderful, slick pistol and if I could only own one centerfire autoloader, it would be that one. The ergonomics are just too good to pass up. But the design requires a person to dedicate themselves to it, to the unique manual of arms, and to obsessive levels of interior cleanliness in order to use the pistol to its potential.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Then let me amend - It requires cleaning if you put 200 rounds of typical (read: fairly dirty) range ammo through it in a day.

I haven't cleaned the pistol since the range day. I'll leave it alone and bring it to the next meetup. As soon as you try to move the slide, you'll understand. Then I'll disassemble it and show you the mechanism. It's a wonderful, slick pistol and if I could only own one centerfire autoloader, it would be that one. The ergonomics are just too good to pass up. But the design requires a person to dedicate themselves to it, to the unique manual of arms, and to obsessive levels of interior cleanliness in order to use the pistol to its potential.

That's definitely German!!!
    I appreciate the quality, not so keen on the dedicating my life part. Lol

Tapatalk sent it.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands

I'm not doubting you AT ALL... Lol.. I'm just saying I need to let my dad know to get busy on cleaning his.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    There was a butt load of holes in the tin overhead down at the rifle end of the range. That's almost more disturbing than the pistol end having holes in it.

Here is me shooting a rifle on the 100yard line Handicapped spot...
    IMG_4552.jpg

And here are closeups of that sign... Notice bullet holes in the sign.
    IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

GET ME OFF PUBLIC RANGES ASAP!!!!

Top Bottom