Join TexasGunTalk

(Houston) WTS: GP WASR 10/63, 4 mags, and ammo

Discussion in 'Guns for Sale' started by Srben, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maakx

Maakx New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Nice :exercise:

2. Srben

Srben New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Houston
    Btt

3. Psychsurf

Psychsurf Member

Apr 29, 2012
    corpus Christi
    Surprised you still have this. It's a square deal in today's market.

4. Srben

Srben New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Houston
    Thanks, Psych. Yeah, I figured someone would want to jump on it. Lots of literal bang for the buck. I've gotten several p.m.'s, but they keep wanting me to drive the gun to them for some reason. It's a safe queen, anyway, and if no one serious steps up, back into the safe she'll go. I'll complete my other project, it will just take a tad longer to do it that way. I don't know where all the guys like me are when I want to buy, lol.

5. CGoodwin

CGoodwin Active Member

Oct 20, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    My offer stands if you will ship the gun.

6. Srben

Srben New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Houston
    I'd prefer a ftf so that I can assess the person that I'm selling to. I want to verify that they're an adult, and to the best of my knowledge and judgement, legally capable of owning a firearm. I don't want an AK that was bought in my name being used for a street crime, a cartel murder, or a school shooting. As Second Amendment enthusiasts, I'm sure everyone can understand.

If I was looking for an AK right now, showing up, in the central part of Houston, and having a 15 minute conversation with someone wouldn't be a big deal. I've driven farther for deals that weren't as good.

7. CGoodwin

CGoodwin Active Member

Oct 20, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Understood. All I am saying is your restrictions are why you still have the gun for sale at this price a month later. I can easily provide you with a copy of my TDL or have you ship it to my FFL who accepts from individuals.

8. 350xfire

350xfire New Member

Oct 24, 2013
    PM sent. Thanks

9. Srben

Srben New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Houston
    Honestly, it's not worth the effort to me. If there isn't anyone in the Houston area that has $800., and is willing to drive over and meet me to have a 15 minute conversation, while signing a bill of sale, back into the safe she goes. The way things are going, the gun alone will probably be worth $800. in the next few years. I'll give it another week, and if no one bites, I'll withdraw the sale.

10. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Well-Known

Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    If you ship to an FFL, it's the FFL's responsibility to "assess" the buyer in accordance with the law. Seems like that would be much better protection than you doing whatever you intend to do in a FTF transaction, if that is your concern.

I don't know what "bought in my name means", but that's a different discussion.

If you don't want to hassle with shipping, fine. Say that and leave it there. All this other stuff would actually raise concerns about you in my mind, if I were considering this purchase.

glws, I have a Wasr and it's probably my favorite gun to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.