• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston TX, USA
    sorry for hijacking the other thread, but i work 10 hour days mon-fri, so i really just chill in the evenings, friday nights or weekends is good for me. i have a GLOCK 21 i need to break in. but it may be a few weeks till i go again cause i have to pay house/school taxes and i owe the irs this year. :( but i would def like to go.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Well, if it needs broke in and you don't have the time.....I'm willing to let you send it plus 1000 rounds to me and I'll brake it in for ya. :D

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Hey, I hear you. Sorry about those long work days. I remember them all too well. Looks like Sat afternoons might be the best time for us to meet at Carter's. I will check tomorrow but I think the pistol range usually re-opens around 1-1:30 pm each Sat after the CHL class stops shooting. Let me know when you want to schedule a pistol shooting trip and we will see what can be arranged. ANYONE ELSE IN THE HOUSTON AREA is welcome too and let us know if you have an alternate outdoor place to shoot.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Sounds good! In the meantime, if it isn't raining tomorrow I'm going to Carter's and practice some more. I use a self-competing type practice by firing 50 shots at one target (3" ten ring) at 22/25 yds (whatever Carter's range actually measures), scoring the target, and posting scores to an Excel spreadsheet/graph. The goal is to make the graph go higher by beating the highest previous score and ultimately to shoot a perfect score. Keeps me on my toes instead of just pumping bullets downrange.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    You should try Shiloh indoor on these rainy days, one side is 75 feet
    and the other side range is 40 feet long . I go on thursdays to get
    the senior special ,10.00 from 10am till noon. coffees free.:D

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Where is Shiloh range? Will they allow cast bullets indoors? I shoot nothing but cast bullets in my .45's for practice. Carter's allows unlimited time for about $8-9 per gun.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Shiloh is east of Cuttin road off 1960.
    At 12703 Shiloh Church rd. Its a small street and you might miss it if you dont watch.
    I dont see why they wouldnt let you shoot cast lead.
    you can call them at 281 520 1038 .

Jeff,Steve and mack are the owners and are great guys to do business
    with.
    I only go on thursdays for the senior discount 10.00 from 10 am till noon as many guns as you want to bring.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Made it to the range today. Been testing .451 and .452 diameter LSWC bullets in two of my Wilson 1911's. I have used .451 and .4515 for 44 years but decided to try some .452's. So far the .451's seem to give consistently smaller groups and better scores for me. Today I fired 50 shots standing, two hands, no rest at 22 yds. Hits were concentrated in the X/10 ring (43 shots) but had a few fliers in the 9 ring (7 shots). Every time I dropped a shot into the 9 ring, my mind was drifting onto something else while firing. Shooting is as much mental as physical and I seem to have trouble controlling my mental side for 100% of the shots. Always seem to have a few drifters.

Top Bottom