• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Don't recall if that's legal or not... I thought to do that, you had to be on property "under your control" or something.

More research needed...

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    In my mind, BBQ=beer, and I don't want to be around armed people who've been drinking. My policy and that of my friends is that the firearms get put away before you pop a top. Accidents can and do happen.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've already been to one OC BBQ up near Austin. Between 15 and 20 people showed up with pistols on their hips, and one guy showed up with a macfhine gun (there's always one guy - grin). There was NO alcohol allowed or present. I don't recall the property owner saying anything about us being charged with protecting his property (that's one way to be legal by the way), but he did have an area roped off for demostrations of how to do gun-related things (cleaning, field stripping, etc), which made it a gun-related event. I believed that fact alone covered any legality concerns. The demonstration area was the only place anyone was allowed to un-holster as well.

All of the rules were followed, no shots were fired, fun was had by all, and Debra Mediina even showed up with a new (?) borrowed (?) six-gun on her hip.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    In my mind, BBQ=beer, and I don't want to be around armed people who've been drinking. My policy and that of my friends is that the firearms get put away before you pop a top. Accidents can and do happen.

No need to get excited. BBQ does not necessarily mean alcohol consumption.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I've already been to one OC BBQ up near Austin. Between 15 and 20 people showed up with pistols on their hips, and one guy showed up with a macfhine gun (there's always one guy - grin). There was NO alcohol allowed or present. I don't recall the property owner saying anything about us being charged with protecting his property (that's one way to be legal by the way), but he did have an area roped off for demostrations of how to do gun-related things (cleaning, field stripping, etc), which made it a gun-related event. I believed that fact alone covered any legality concerns. The demonstration area was the only place anyone was allowed to un-holster as well.

All of the rules were followed, no shots were fired, fun was had by all, and Debra Mediina even showed up with a new (?) borrowed (?) six-gun on her hip.
    gotta love it

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Don't recall if that's legal or not... I thought to do that, you had to be on property "under your control" or something.
    Lock the gate with a cheap combination padlock. Give everyone the combination. Now everyone is controlling access to the property. Or... have everyone sign a one day lease to the property.

BTW, if you get this set-up. I'd come

Top Bottom