• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    The last 3 sentences of the article sum it up nicely.....I think this particular article is saying to get over it. I looked at the picture, and didn't think anything sexual about it until I started reading this thread.

Tom Brady's a great athlete and a handsome dude and I don't hear people whine when he's shirtless in GQ.
    Most importantly, this cover is almost identical to the one that ran on SI's Winter Olympic preview in 1992. That one featured a gentleman named A.J. Kitt and I'm pretty sure nobody complained that it was too provocative.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    The people that gripe about such things are the real pervs here. If you WANT to see it as "provocative" it is. If you want to see it as an Olympic athlete, posing to mimic her performing her skill and happens to be an attractive woman, that is what you see. The PC Douche Bags see something offensive or provocative EVERYWHERE!!!! If you are a normal, properly adjusted human being, it is just a picture of a pretty athlete.

Yes, sex sells. They would not put the female Olympic power lifter on the cover. There is no market for ugly. Why does Katarina Witt still have a career? She won and is hot! Ugly winners go nowhere. Beautiful losers fade quickly. Gorgeous + gold medal = Cha Ching!

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I wish it was more provocative. Some of those camera angles Big Country was talking about.

The fact is if she was standing, they'd probably complain about the skin-tight skiing outfit (whatever it's called) highlighting her breasts or something. There's no pleasing these people.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sure, that pose could be used for sexual reasoning. It could also be used for Yoga, taking a dump, giving birth, stretching, etc.

There's alot more things in life that are more of a concern. Evidently the people that are whining need to look beyond the cover of a private magazine.

They didn't complain when they have male swimmers in a speedo on the front cover.

post_image-Sports%20Illustrated%208%20medals-small-thumb-350x466.jpg

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Being a flat lander Texas boy, if I ran up on a woman bending over on a 45 degree mountain slope I would find it anything but sexy, in fact, I would find it terrifying!
    It would be much sexier at sea level, on a beach and her in a string bikini, now that's what I'm talking about!!!:cool:

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    provocative: serving to provoke, excite, or stimulate. Okay I guess it is "provocative" I see what shorts and TI were talking about know. I'm running in slow mode this morning! LOL

it provokes, excites, and stimulates me... but then again i have a thing for plaid ski suits lol!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    It's not a big deal: It's normal, it's Sports Illustrated-not Hustler. It's the puritans who are few, making much-a-doo-about nothing. If it were a man in the same position-similar style of photo, would he be gay and the church calling for a boycott of the magazine?? I think not, but because it woman (PC people) default thinking links a perfectly innocent appropriate pose is some how sexual. Now the easy question is, why are they (PC people) thinking sexual thoughts where the rest of us are not? Who's the one with the problem ?? Us or them?

- Stay Safe

Top Bottom