APOD Firearms

How are the prices at Gunshows these day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I haven't been to a gun show in the last couple years or so. I'm looking for a wheel gun.

I remember seeing some good deals a 2.5 years on my Glock.

Anyway, I'm looking for a wheel gun, and I was wondering if was worth it to go. If it isn't, I'm going to save my $7.
    Gun Zone Deals

TXCleaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    I went to the show in Belton about a month or two ago, looking for a G22. Here's the crazy pricing I found:

Glock 22 3rd gen: anywhere from $450 to $600 (apples to apples too...what a price spread!)

G22 w/ RTF: $475 to $600

A couple of the bigger sellers seemed to have pretty competitive prices. The $450 was lower than just about everything that's readily available on-line. I ended up doing better on-line, but it took some work.

The ammo prices were absolutely out of control. I assumed I'd pick up a couple or few hundred rounds of 9MM or .40, but the prices were about twice what I was expecting.

Having said all that, I think it varies greatly between some of the shows.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Very disappointed in recent gun shows, poor selection and high prices,seen some guns from previous shows that have been for sale 1-2 years and still price remains the same, overall appear to be less vendors.

Unless something changes I will attend perhaps once a year basically window shopping.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    There are some good deals, but not like it was. Just don't go there looking for ammo. Those prices are crazy. You are better off at Wally World or Academy. TGT is pretty hard to beat for good used prices. You can save alot of money on used, and most firearms have pretty low round counts (if you believe what the seller says).

I go to gun shows all the time, mainly for the conversation and to window shop. $7 for a couple of hours of fun is pretty cheap. Have you been to a movie, bowling, or Six Flags lately?

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I haven't been to a gun show in the last couple years or so. I'm looking for a wheel gun.

I remember seeing some good deals a 2.5 years on my Glock.

Anyway, I'm looking for a wheel gun, and I was wondering if was worth it to go. If it isn't, I'm going to save my $7.

Depend where you go, I guess. Was at the SAR / Crossroads show in phoenix a couple of weeks ago. Things are getting to about pre- Obama, from what I saw. There was powder and primers all weekend long. I bought a 3rd Gen. Glock 23, w/nite sites NIB for 600.00 out the door. Not a steal, but pretty normal. No one trying to get rich, like last year.

There was as much ammo, in almost all cal's. Not as cheap as I would have liked, but again, lots better then last year.

Spend the 7 bucks. It is always a good thing to go check out some guns.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The most annoying part is that I'm always out of town . . .or see that the show was the weekend before.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i saw glocks at mesquite ofwgs for 450-480 but none more than 500 if i remember. these were new models. it was a small show but there were a few deals. the eotechs were way overpriced at least the ones i saw. saw a couple of norincos but they had been messed with i was seriously disappointed as i wanted one. there was some ass clown selling absolutely filthy guns at that show....had a used sig 239 for 440 but it was so disgusting i didn't buy it.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Prices are better than they were last summer, but you can beat most online...

My biggest problem is finding a site online that has the gun in stock. And even then, you have to figure in shipping, taxes, and FFL fee. I'd rather buy in person, even for a few bucks more, just to not have to wait.

I'll be going to the Jan 2nd and 3rd, 2010 show in Dallas. Looking at Glocks and Kel-Tecs, hopefully.

bruced

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    DFW
    The last time I went was to the one at Will Rogers in Ft.Worth- prices were through the roof... then again it was about 6 months ago.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I love our Gun Shows! Where else can you buy a used Ruger 10-22 rifle that cost $189 at WW for a mere $299? For folks who have too much money and want to throw it down the crapper, it's the perfect storm!

Flash

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    My biggest problem is finding a site online that has the gun in stock. And even then, you have to figure in shipping, taxes, and FFL fee. I'd rather buy in person, even for a few bucks more, just to not have to wait.

I'll be going to the Jan 2nd and 3rd, 2010 show in Dallas. Looking at Glocks and Kel-Tecs, hopefully.

I agree, but the price differences have been too significant to ignore...

Case in point, I could not find a 91/30 Mosin Nagant at any of the local gun shows for under $120; and I had a 1933 Izhevsk hexed receiver delivered to my door for $105 from AIM Surplus.

But I still prefer to buy at the shows, when the prices are somewhat close. I like to look over any weapons I purchase, but if the price difference is significant I will go sight-unseen over the Internet.

Either way, I still enjoy going to gun shows. My son and I usually grab some breakfast beforehand, and it's always fun to touch and feel new firearms when you get the chance!

Cheers! M2

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    The only good deal I ever got at a gun show was back in July of 2006 when I bought my S & W, M & P 40, NIB for $409.00 + tax at the Denton Gun Show. I think S & W was making good deals with the gun stores to promoted the M & P which was just put on the market back then. I've found no really great deals since then though.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Now days some people expect flea market prices on new goods at a gun show.
    The prices are usually better than many local brick-mortar stores but not better than the Internet (dealers/forums/etc).
    The Internet has informed us of pricing and made many more products available.
    Gun Shows have their place but don't expect the impossible.
    Your best deals will be to buy from 'motivated' individuals either FTF or perhaps on Forums with care.
    YMMV

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I went to the show in Houston last weekend. Prices on guns have started coming down, but VERY few dealers were selling bargains. Most were as high or higher than the retail outlets. Likewise, it didn't seem like they were selling guns as fast as over the past year. Could be people are running out of money.

Ammo was available in all calibers - and plenty of it. None of it was cheaper than WalMart.

A friend with me bought a magazine for his pistol. I bought the same one from Midway for $4 less (before shipping).

Outside there was a pickup with 2 girls handing out cans of Monster energy drink. As we left town, we drove past a wino-infested area and couldn't help noticing that several had cans of Monster.

Lots of entertainment value at - and around - the shows!

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I have a couple of people that i'll deal with at the gun shows that have reasonable prices but haven't found any really "great" deals. Ammo was outrageous, I can get it cheaper at the mil surp places around here or buy it online. Most of the time I'll just do a trade. Easier that way, on me and my wallet.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I have a couple of people that i'll deal with at the gun shows that have reasonable prices but haven't found any really "great" deals. Ammo was outrageous, I can get it cheaper at the mil surp places around here or buy it online. Most of the time I'll just do a trade. Easier that way, on me and my wallet.

Ok, where is "around here"?

Top Bottom