How are the prices at Gunshows these day?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Texas42, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I haven't been to a gun show in the last couple years or so. I'm looking for a wheel gun.

I remember seeing some good deals a 2.5 years on my Glock.

Anyway, I'm looking for a wheel gun, and I was wondering if was worth it to go. If it isn't, I'm going to save my $7.

2. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Prices are better than they were last summer, but you can beat most online...

3. TXCleaver

TXCleaver Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Austin
    I went to the show in Belton about a month or two ago, looking for a G22. Here's the crazy pricing I found:

Glock 22 3rd gen: anywhere from $450 to $600 (apples to apples too...what a price spread!)

G22 w/ RTF: $475 to $600

A couple of the bigger sellers seemed to have pretty competitive prices. The $450 was lower than just about everything that's readily available on-line. I ended up doing better on-line, but it took some work.

The ammo prices were absolutely out of control. I assumed I'd pick up a couple or few hundred rounds of 9MM or .40, but the prices were about twice what I was expecting.

Having said all that, I think it varies greatly between some of the shows.

4. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Very disappointed in recent gun shows, poor selection and high prices,seen some guns from previous shows that have been for sale 1-2 years and still price remains the same, overall appear to be less vendors.

Unless something changes I will attend perhaps once a year basically window shopping.

5. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    There are some good deals, but not like it was. Just don't go there looking for ammo. Those prices are crazy. You are better off at Wally World or Academy. TGT is pretty hard to beat for good used prices. You can save alot of money on used, and most firearms have pretty low round counts (if you believe what the seller says).

I go to gun shows all the time, mainly for the conversation and to window shop. $7 for a couple of hours of fun is pretty cheap. Have you been to a movie, bowling, or Six Flags lately?

6. randmplumbingllc

randmplumbingllc Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

Depend where you go, I guess. Was at the SAR / Crossroads show in phoenix a couple of weeks ago. Things are getting to about pre- Obama, from what I saw. There was powder and primers all weekend long. I bought a 3rd Gen. Glock 23, w/nite sites NIB for 600.00 out the door. Not a steal, but pretty normal. No one trying to get rich, like last year.

There was as much ammo, in almost all cal's. Not as cheap as I would have liked, but again, lots better then last year.

Spend the 7 bucks. It is always a good thing to go check out some guns.

7. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    The most annoying part is that I'm always out of town . . .or see that the show was the weekend before.

8. ftw13

ftw13 Active Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i saw glocks at mesquite ofwgs for 450-480 but none more than 500 if i remember. these were new models. it was a small show but there were a few deals. the eotechs were way overpriced at least the ones i saw. saw a couple of norincos but they had been messed with i was seriously disappointed as i wanted one. there was some ass clown selling absolutely filthy guns at that show....had a used sig 239 for 440 but it was so disgusting i didn't buy it.

9. Young Gun

Young Gun Active Member

Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    My biggest problem is finding a site online that has the gun in stock. And even then, you have to figure in shipping, taxes, and FFL fee. I'd rather buy in person, even for a few bucks more, just to not have to wait.

I'll be going to the Jan 2nd and 3rd, 2010 show in Dallas. Looking at Glocks and Kel-Tecs, hopefully.

10. bruced

bruced Member

Dec 19, 2009
    DFW
    The last time I went was to the one at Will Rogers in Ft.Worth- prices were through the roof... then again it was about 6 months ago.