• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Decided to leave sigforumn b/c of the nazi admin

Hope it's better here, Mike packwood aka Parabellum..treats all noobs with disrespect, and unprofessionalism...I'm sure there are many who feel the same. He runs a site for Sig Sauer enthusiasts that really is a front for his authoritarianism. The first day on the site I was pm'd by a longterm member warning me of what to talk about and what not to....from then I knew it was time to go.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    Redirect

Texsun, the question was "how did you find this forum", not "why did you leave another one". You will find some people here (such as myself) who are happy members of both fora. For everyone else's information, Parabellum (forum name) is the owner of Sigforum and pays the bills for it. He has a set of rules and insists that people play by them. Anyone not willing to play by his rules gets expelled. It's his board and his right to do that. People not willing to agree should just stay clear of that forum. For what it's worth, I was a "noob" a while back, and one that doesn't own a SIG, even, and I was not treated with disrespect or unprofessionalism. I have met Parabellum twice and we get along quite well. He is, however, very no-nonsense and does not suffer fools well. He also does not have much of a sense of humor.

I belong to another forum that is admittedly a Christian gun board and their rules are even stricter than Para's, particularly regarding appropriate (and inappropriate) language. I frankly prefer fora that police their postings to remove some types of material. There is no implied freedom of speech on a single-owner board; people who don't like the rules are free to establish their own boards (and several have--I don't go to them).

Just MHO.
    flashguy

Munny

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Was searching for ASTRO gun range and the posts popped up.

Sure glad I was able to research it here before wasting a drive out there.

thepass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Found your site on the internet while looking for CCW info for my ex who still lives in El Paso. Lived there myself for 25 years.

Most of my guns were acquired in El Paso but from searching the internet none of the shops seem to enjoy very positive reputations these days. Happily not the case here in Denver.

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I heard of TGT after finding the DTAS group on Facebook. Was going through the DTAS site looking for more information when I found the references back to here, so here I am.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom