• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My plan was to carry an AK-47 pistol hung from a single point rig in a SHTF situation. The firepower offered by that pistol is hard to duplicate and the AK pistol lacks that goofy spring tube at the rear of the AR pistol.

I got the gun and the rig all fixed up until a friend advised me of the shoulder holster/belt holster OC rule. Well, Hell!

Tried to find a workable solution to still be legal and gave up on the concept. I settled on shoulder holster rigs for 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 acp full size pistols, instead. Those rigs have provisions for two extra magazines which gives a combined total of 50 rounds onboard. It's unlikely that I'll ever need more than that!

Flash

If this was the case, rules wouldn't apply I don't figure....
    Target Sports

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If this was the case, rules wouldn't apply I don't figure....

When I cleaned up my life, part of the deal was that I obey the law. When a guy like me starts taking shortcuts and bends the law, it's a ticket back onto the Highway to Hell.

Laughingly, I describe it this way:
    Most people run their lives on "Maybe". Maybe you'll do something, maybe you won't. When you get on the "program", there are things that you can NEVER do again.

It works! ...............................35 years clean & sober!

Flash

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    When I cleaned up my life, part of the deal was that I obey the law. When a guy like me starts taking shortcuts and bends the law, it's a ticket back onto the Highway to Hell.

Laughingly, I describe it this way:
    Most people run their lives on "Maybe". Maybe you'll do something, maybe you won't. When you get on the "program", there are things that you can NEVER do again.

It works! ...............................35 years clean & sober!

Flash

I think he's referring to a SHTF scenario. All those silly carry laws are off the table in that situation.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Come out of the politics section a little more and you might know what an AR pistol is. Or look through a thread before replying/asking questions.

1. Who F'd you this morning?
    2. I annoy people in lots of threads.
    3. I know what one is. I've not seen one in real life. The poster was interested in a method for a vehicle and I was thinking of something one could have ine back or footwell that would be less likely to be stolen (aka why all our pickups don't have .30-30s in racks).

Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I've got three of these type SATCOM bags from countycomm in the past. The ones we've got will easily hold a 10.4" HK416 w/20-rd mag and collapsed buttstock, so I know that it'll work for a similarly-sized AR pistol. http://www.countycomm.com/satcomsmall.html I'm not certain these new Rev 3 bags are as long as the ones I've already got, but it looks similar.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, these look shorter than the ones we've got (ours are the XL Rev2 bags). Dunno how the new ones would work, but none of these scream "rifle bag".

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Have heard of people getting pistol ARs to fit inside those folding chair bags...
    A 16" AR with standard adjustable stock will fit in a folding chair bag.

Since people are throwing out low profile bag options, I submit this:
    spongebobpartypants_default.jpg

Seriously, just get a kid's backpack... No one wants to steal a 2nd grader's homework.

epwrangler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    El Paso, Texass
    The problem with drop leg holsters is some police might not see it as attached to the belt.
    I remember one deputy tell me he didn't like people wsho carry guns and always agave them a hard time so, I asked ijf that applied to his partner who had a gun. His reply was that he has a badge and I said and I have a license. He saw my point. You can't hide from all thed what if's in the world. Fear makes cowards of us all. A famous man once said to know you are right then go ahead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Some of you guys have never been in the panhandle during winter.

Yeah one of my primary reasons for moving to DFW and North and Central Texas is because the winters back home (Amarillo) were freaking brutal. 5 years ago there was a bitter winter and I had nights where the windchill was -35 degrees...

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I remember one deputy tell me he didn't like people wsho carry guns and always agave them a hard time so, I asked ijf that applied to his partner who had a gun. His reply was that he has a badge and I said and I have a license. He saw my point. You can't hide from all thed what if's in the world. Fear makes cowards of us all. A famous man once said to know you are right then go ahead.

How drunk were you when you typed this comment?

Top Bottom