Aug 8, 2013
    267fa9b1b0e337316cd95d9ae30ac8b1.jpg
    Texas SOT

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The msm has many thinking it's hotter than usual...it isn't...it's July in Texas.

Also, the 'climate crazies' are using ground temps, not above ground temps, so their numbers are skewed to make temps sounds unusually hotter than they really are...

Next up, August, which is a tad hotter than July or at least it feels like it's hotter.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The msm has many thinking it's hotter than usual...it isn't...it's July in Texas.

Also, the 'climate crazies' are using ground temps, not above ground temps, so their numbers are skewed to make temps sounds unusually hotter than they really are...

Next up, August, which is a tad hotter than July or at least it feels like it's hotter.
    <>

This is very important for them to realize, and for us to remember.

see: https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/houston/highest-temperatures-by-year.

I seem to recall back in 1980 or ‘81, Texas had a terrible mid-Summer heat wave with drought. One day we drove Houston to Corpus, then to New Braunfels in top-off JEEP, and when I got to the Hotel Faust, it was showing 114F in the shaded parking lot.

That year, numerous large live oaks died across the State.

<>

Last edited:

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    My first Texas summer, it’s f&!king hot. Especially all the way down here. Every day here is hotter than the hottest day I’ve ever experienced in the northeast and Virginia lol. I never thought I’d think 86 degrees in the morning feels cool. I can turn down the AC in the truck. It’s amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    My first Texas summer, it’s f&!king hot. Especially all the way down here. Every day here is hotter than the hottest day I’ve ever experienced in the northeast and Virginia lol. I never thought I’d think 86 degrees in the morning feels cool. I can turn down the AC in the truck. It’s amazing.

<>

The RGV, especialy your area, often sets heat records year-around.

But the bright side is that you have the “CABRITO FACTORY” in your town !

<>

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    No official records set so far this year in the ArkLaTex, reliable records only go back to 1892, and those are questionable. In 1936 it hit 117. How about 111 in 2011. Shit this aint nothin

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    What’d you expect from South Texas in the summer?

Yea I know. But when we got here we actually thought we were just visiting for a bit but we love it so much here we decided to stay. I’m supposed to be working in Maine right now lol. But forget going back up that way. Texas is home for us now. Next summer we’ll probably hit the road for a bit and head west. Probably won’t be much cooler but we’re getting used to it.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

Maybe come up north, to SA, where it's nice and cool? (Compared to the valley).

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Yea I know. But when we got here we actually thought we were just visiting for a bit but we love it so much here we decided to stay. I’m supposed to be working in Maine right now lol. But forget going back up that way. Texas is home for us now. Next summer we’ll probably hit the road for a bit and head west. Probably won’t be much cooler but we’re getting used to it.

My sister lives just south of Maine, Wakefield NH. says it hot and sticky 90s with 80% humidity. She is ready to come home.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

it gets worse unfortunately.

My wife always complains that she wants to move back to the northeast and when August hits I am almost inclined to agree with her. Its hard as hell to reacclimate to the heat even after growning up around here. Id like to say heat keeps the liberals away but it sure as hell doesnt seem to be working

We are still looking at moving to Wyoming where I will be trading in sweating my ass off to freezing my nuts off. Bright side is that my genetics are inclined towards the colder weather

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    it gets worse unfortunately.

My wife always complains that she wants to move back to the northeast and when August hits I am almost inclined to agree with her. Its hard as hell to reacclimate to the heat even after growning up around here. Id like to say heat keeps the liberals away but it sure as hell doesnt seem to be working

We are still looking at moving to Wyoming where I will be trading in sweating my ass off to freezing my nuts off. Bright side is that my genetics are inclined towards the colder weather

Yeah, I always have idle thoughts of moving somewhere like Wyoming, but I don't know if I want to trade the risk of spontaneous combustion for the risk of freezing to death on my way to check the mailbox...

Top Bottom