Join TexasGunTalk

How is President Trump doing on gun rights now?

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by dove_poppers, Aug 8, 2019.

1. dove_poppers

dove_poppers Member

Aug 6, 2019
    San Antonio, Tx
    I keep hearing the drums beating for "more gun control" in the wake of the latest "mass shootings".

Mr. President, if you are reading this, we already have background checks on the books and have had them for many years now. Instead of "keeping us safe", they often deny sane people with good intentions from defending themselves and their loved ones including one police officer in California. Are you an idiot? Pretty much all the mass shooters got their guns through FFL dealers and passed FBI NICS with flying colors. HELLO! No history of anything criminal or crazy. What are you trying to prove with all this talk about more background checks?

Then I hear about Washington conspiracies about both Demos and GOP to grab our guns in some "bipartisan effort".

I smell GOP cowing down to Big Media to "do something". Rush Limbaugh is furious about the GOP now and this red flag stuff that's brewing in the witch's cauldron of DC politics.

https://gunowners.org/rush-limbaugh-red-flag-laws-are-a-pipeline-to-gun-control/

What gives, people? How can we fight this?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    gll, jordanmills and Inspector43 like this.
  2. Inspector43

Inspector43 Everything I Own Is Paid For

Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    HIPAA and ACLU restrict so much info that the background checks can't get an honest evaluation. Stop HIPAA and ACLU and you are headed in the right direction.

Darkpriest667 likes this.
  3. dove_poppers

dove_poppers Member

Aug 6, 2019
    San Antonio, Tx
    Even CNN admits that it's doubtful that "tougher" background checks would have prevented El Paso and Dayton.

Would universal background checks have stopped the mass shootings?

"Doubtful. There is no indication that the shooting in Dayton, Ohio, would have been prevented by proposed universal background checks or legislation to bolster the federal background check system. The alleged El Paso, Texas, shooter purchased his firearm legally and there is no evidence that he had a criminal history that a background check would've caught."

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/poli...ld-trump-mass-shootings-fact-check/index.html

A person looks like a homeless bum. Is that a "red flag" that he should be denied a gun? A person looks like an introverted geek with a shirt, tie, pocket protector and Buddy Holly glasses. Should that raise flags at gun shops? Should we 'profile' prospective gun buyers? Should turban-wearers be denied? People with foreign accents? People with "shoot til you puke" tee shirts? Skinheads? People wearing swastika tattoos? People dressed like bikers? People with mohawks? People dressed like punkers. People dressed like KISS. People wearing Rebel flag shirts? People who appear to be KKK members? People who appear to be mafia types? Real creepy-looking men like the long-haired bad guy, Bruce Dern, with fierce icy blue devil eyes, in the 1972 John Wayne film, The Cowboys? Scary-looking guys with black beards down to their waist? Creeps with handle-bar mustaches?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    gll likes this.
  4. F350-6

F350-6 TGT Addict

May 25, 2009
    If you want him to see it, you should have put it on twitter.

shinerjohn and Sam7sf like this.
  5. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I think DJ Tee's Twitter account is write only.

WAYnorthTX likes this.
  6. roadrunner

roadrunner TGT Addict

Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Or send it directly to the WH.

oldag likes this.
  7. dove_poppers

dove_poppers Member

Aug 6, 2019
    San Antonio, Tx
    Not really, I've sent alert messages to him already as provided by Gun Owners of America. I was just being sarcastic here. I would never call the President an idiot in a message directly to him.

8. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    I’ve got to update my spreadsheet

9. WAYnorthTX

WAYnorthTX Active Member

Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Dove- has anyone told you before that you are starting to look like your dog ? Just checking...

robertc1024 likes this.
  10. dove_poppers

dove_poppers Member

Aug 6, 2019
    San Antonio, Tx
    I hear all this stuff on Catholic radio news reports. Maybe I need to shut off Cat radio and put on Fox News for a while. Or, put Rush back on again. Rush is Right!

WAYnorthTX likes this.