• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Do you know how much you pay in taxes? I was talking to 308nato and usmcpmi and told them once I realized how much tax I was paying, it really cheesed me off. The more aware I became of government spending, entitlement programs (from welfare to $200 cases of coke for soldiers in Iraq), bridges to nowhere, George Bush flying onto aircraft carriers, Mission Accomplished signs, DOHbama date nights, DOHbama Olympics pitches, etc., it really really cheesed me off.

My wife uses Peachtree Accounting to keep very detailed records of our money and can account for every cent. I turn in a receipt for every cent I spend. So, I am very aware of being taxed.

Anyway, enough ranting ...

http://www.babeled.com/2009/04/22/how-much-do-you-really-pay-in-taxes/

from another thread

http://www.api.org/statistics/fueltaxes/upload/Gasoline_Map_7-2009.pdf

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Well, one tax I'm most aware of now that school is in session is the Klein ISD school tax. Not as high as some districts, that not my issue - what pisses me off is that I paid just over $3400 to these people last year and I still have to write a check for $11.00 for a damn P.E. uniform. :mad:

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    One year I paid about $14,000 in federal... now thanks to the guy posing as president I will be lucky to make $14,000 next year.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nearly every single aspect of our daily lives have been carefully calculated individual values and are taxed accordingly. True property ownership no longer exists because of this, which is a concept most people cannot understand.

viking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Cedar Park
    What pizzes me off is the sales tax thing. How many times do you have to pay it on used merchandize. You pay it on new item, then it is traded in, sold, tax paid again. It never ends. And don't forget about the taxes that went into the material, the transportation, the labor, to get it to and from the manufacture and then to the shelves. It never, never ends.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    All I can say is too much. We all know it is a necessary evil. Think about this for a minute, and I am just spitballing here, but, what if you could tell the Federal Government what they could spend your money on, and what they couldnt? Could you imagine the programs that would fold overnight? Could you imagine the underfunded programs that are actually a good idea could get the financing they needed? The Government is a business, plain and simple and we get to see every day just how bad our elected officials are at running a business......

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Property tax is what really yanks my chain,one of the most unfair taxes, basically we pay rent(to school district) on a home we worked 80 years for (combined worked years for both spouse and myself) so yeah that is my pet peeve.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Owning a business, I can tell you I pay way more than my fair share. And that is the case despite using every legal trick in the book to abate taxes. And hang on to your hat, they are just getting warmed up.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    We pay higher property taxes in Texas because we have no state income tax. Oklahoma has a state income tax and very low property taxes, Texas has no state income taxes and ridiculous property taxes. Point is, they get it one way or another.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I still don't see why Cy Fair needed an $80 million sports complex or what in the hell sports have to do with reading/riting/rithmatic. Thought we were failing the children or some BS...

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I still don't see why Cy Fair needed an $80 million sports complex or what in the hell sports have to do with reading/riting/rithmatic. Thought we were failing the children or some BS...

I dont even have any booger makers and I had to pay for that thing!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

The move will affect some 11,000 children, or 11 percent of the student body.

Good thing a handful of football players and cheerleaders will still have a place to go on friday night for a couple of months of the year.

Top Bottom