• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    Thinking of selling my Vortex Razor HD Gen III but not sure what to price it at. Like a fair price, what would you guys pay for it?

Comes with Vortex mount. It's on my 338 Lapua but never went out with it since most of my firearms are collection or home defense.

Thank you in advance
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• 20230903_195332.jpg
      20230903_195332.jpg
      568.9 KB · Views: 71
    • 20230903_195340.jpg
      20230903_195340.jpg
      692.3 KB · Views: 70
    • 20230903_194852.jpg
      20230903_194852.jpg
      214.1 KB · Views: 69

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    No need to report, guys. This thread isn't breaking any rules. It may be highlighting that a rule change is needed but as of now, it's fine.
    Thank you good Sir. My intent is to literally just ask a question because don't want to overprice something and haven't seen a used/open box of this scope up for sale so needed some input. If I did something wrong you can bring it to my attention and I'll do what I need at the best of my ability to follow rules/guidelines.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Thinking of selling my Vortex Razor HD Gen III but not sure what to price it at. Like a fair price, what would you guys pay for it?

Comes with Vortex mount. It's on my 338 Lapua but never went out with it since most of my firearms are collection or home defense.

Thank you in advance

Keep it - if our country devolves into civil unrest / civil war / Texas declared revolution - you may just want to have the .338 to reach out and touch somebody with.

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    The only way to know what something is worth is to sell it. List it for a price and if doesn't sell, lower the price until it does. The buyer will ultimately determine the value.
    Appreciate the response and do agree to an extent. I just needed an opinion from people that are consumers.

Think it's best taking the time to ask a question from people that might buy or have once thought of buying and where they would be comfortable paying for such item.

I'm trying to make sure I price something fairly because from experience I see that if you go to high people will more than likely skip over the add/post because they are uncomfortable with the price range.

Again I do appreciate the response and hope you have an awesome day

-Rusty Shackleford

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It’s a Vortex, so more info is needed. Has it been back for warranty work yet?
    Key word here is “yet”. I have had to send both of my Vortex scopes back to vortex after the mighty recoil of a .308 rattled one out of spec and a 30-30 did the other one in. Both Viper PST. Both now live on .22s and are problem free.

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    Key word here is “yet”. I have had to send both of my Vortex scopes back to vortex after the mighty recoil of a .308 rattled one out of spec and a 30-30 did the other one in. Both Viper PST. Both now live on .22s and are problem free.
    What scopes do you have? I have many friends that shoot competitive with them, particularly the one I have and had 0 issues.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sorry had to respond a bit quick and skipped my sight that you did mention it. Yeah don't have experience with those but have had the chance to be around them and checking them out and defend way different quality compared to the Razor line.
    At about $900 each when I bought them, all I can say is I was very disappointed. They are fantastic .22 scopes, but one can get a fantastic .22 scope for a lot less than $900.

Have a pair of vortex binoculars that are first class, I just will not be putting any more of their scopes on my rifles. To me, the money I would spend on a Razor would be better spent on a Leupold or NightForce.

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    At about $900 each when I bought them, all I can say is I was very disappointed. They are fantastic .22 scopes, but one can get a fantastic .22 scope for a lot less than $900.

Have a pair of vortex binoculars that are first class, I just will not be putting any more of their scopes on my rifles. To me, the money I would spend on a Razor would be better spent on a Leupold or NightForce.
    Completely understandable. I two would be frustrated if that was my experience.

Best of luck and thank you for your input

Top Bottom