• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    It's your scope, but you don't know what it costs retail? Strange.
    If I spend big bucks for a scope (and this one retails for about $4k), I know exactly what I paid for it, tax and all.

Just thinking out loud.

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    It's your scope, but you don't know what it costs retail? Strange.
    If I spend big bucks for a scope (and this one retails for about $4k), I know exactly what I paid for it, tax and all.

Just thinking out loud.
    I never said I didn't know the price because I bought mine and can look up online the cost of one now.

I asked what would someone pay for a used/open box because I haven't seen a used one up for sale.

LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    The original list price is the absolute high-water mark that you'll not ever see.
    I was just pointing out you might have helped folks a little, rather than making them search it out themselves.

But, it's your sale....so, OK.

Google can be your friend here.
    3 clicks and found this as one example.
    1693881877637.png

They're not rare for sale used.
    Might not get this price, but a place to start.

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    The original list price is the absolute high-water mark that you'll not ever see.
    I was just pointing out you might have helped folks a little, rather than making them search it out themselves.

But, it's your sale....so, OK.

Google can be your friend here.
    3 clicks and found this as one example.
    View attachment 404538

They're not rare for sale used.
    Might not get this price, but a place to start.
    That's close to retail price and how didn't I help or not help? My questions was extremely basic by just asking how much would they pay for or be comfortable paying.

I'm here literally being extremely cool with everyone but seem to get some people trying to start something from nothing. It was my post/question with a very easy question because I wanted people's opinion is all. End of it, so why try to look for something on my post to find fault in it? Or put words in my mouth?
    Anyways have a nice day bud and thank you for your input, it's appreciated.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    seem to get some people trying to start something from nothing
    You'll run into that. Texas Gun Talk has had a tough time dealing with people who join just to sell something. That's against the rules until you've been around for a few posts. You'll find many people look at this thread askance because, in the past, many people have asked "How much is this worth?" as a way to start conversation and create demand for an item before they were eligible to list it in the Classifieds section. IOW, some people try to work around the "no sales until you have enough posts" rule by discussing something they want to sell without explicitly offering it for sale.

TGT isn't about that. The focus of the board is taking the piss out of each other online, exchanging knowledge and opinions, supporting our brethren through the tough times, and setting up the next time we meet in person. Those IRL meet-ups are the soul of the place; the classified ads are just an afterthought around here.

Therefore, folks who join to sell something and then disappear are generally considered a nuisance royal PITA. I am not saying you fall into that category but this thread is the type that could be headed that direction. Time will tell. In anticipation of a negative outcome, you'll sense skepticism from some members.

I, OTOH, will remain welcoming until I have a blatantly demonstrated reason to be otherwise. I sure hope you don't give me or any of the staff such a reason.

Just FYI, the folks who are suspicious of newcomers and seem less than welcoming are correctly reading the situation far more consistently than me. I don't have the knack, it seems. But, as I said, time will tell.

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    You'll run into that. Texas Gun Talk has had a tough time dealing with people who join just to sell something. That's against the rules until you've been around for a few posts. You'll find many people look at this thread askance because, in the past, many people have asked "How much is this worth?" as a way to start conversation and create demand for an item before they were eligible to list it in the Classifieds section. IOW, some people try to work around the "no sales until you have enough posts" rule by discussing something they want to sell without explicitly offering it for sale.

TGT isn't about that. The focus of the board is taking the piss out of each other online, exchanging knowledge and opinions, supporting our brethren through the tough times, and setting up the next time we meet in person. Those IRL meet-ups are the soul of the place; the classified ads are just an afterthought around here.

Therefore, folks who join to sell something and then disappear are generally considered a nuisance royal PITA. I am not saying you fall into that category but this thread is the type that could be headed that direction. Time will tell. In anticipation of a negative outcome, you'll sense skepticism from some members.

I, OTOH, will remain welcoming until I have a blatantly demonstrated reason to be otherwise. I sure hope you don't give me or any of the staff such a reason.

Just FYI, the folks who are suspicious of newcomers and seem less than welcoming are correctly reading the situation far more consistently than me. I don't have the knack, it seems. But, as I said, time will tell.
    I wouldn't pay for a membership just to start problems or bounce in a day or two but do understand where you are coming from however, I think there's better ways to approach things like adults and be cool with each other instead of being rude. I definitely hope to get to know people a bit more and have a good time Thank you for the explanation on why some people get a bit standoffish but I'll do my best to follow guidelines and get along while being polite.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think there's better ways to approach things like adults and be cool with each other instead of being rude.
    Probably. You'll find, though, that nothing is set in stone. Some people come in stark raving stupid and then calm down and become valued members. God knows I was a sanctimonious ass when I first signed up. So even the folks who seem a bit cold toward you will come around when you make the honest effort to be a part of the community. We've all screwed up and second chances are sort of a tradition around here.

Not that we know you'll need one, mind you. :)

Welcome to the joint and I hope you find a home here.

That guy from Texas

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2023
    Dallas
    Probably. You'll find, though, that nothing is set in stone. Some people come in stark raving stupid and then calm down and become valued members. God knows I was a sanctimonious ass when I first signed up. So even the folks who seem a bit cold toward you will come around when you make the honest effort to be a part of the community. We've all screwed up and second chances are sort of a tradition around here.

Not that we know you'll need one, mind you. :)

Welcome to the joint and I hope you find a home here.
    You seem like a very cool person and definitely appreciate you taking the time to explain what it's all about here and being kind enough to share all that.

I'll definitely do my part to be good and behave around the community

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    In general, Almost any top tier used scope will usually sell for around 75% - 80% of what it cost brand new, no matter if it was actually used or not. Your scope has been mounted on a rifle, so it is a used scope.
    It will probably fetch around $2200, maybe $2300 with the right buyer. Anymore than that, you're getting into used S&B, Nightforce, Kahles, and Steiner M series territory.

Top Bottom