Gun Zone Deals

How Not To Sell (formerly the Smith & Wesson 586-1 .357 Mag Revolver thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Pretty sure this is the same guy. If not, then it’s quite a coincidence. He’s on one of my motorcycle forums. Moved to Austin from SanDiego area (Carlsbad) and rides a Ducati. Registered Sept 2021. One of his opening posts was asking where to find an attorney to keep on retainer. Reason: traffic tickets. Stupid question so pretty sure it’s him. Anyway, he’s got the gun listed for $1400 and the sight, grips, and box are all magically there. You will notice the pic here was taken on the same wooden table as the listing on TGT. He was jerking us around for sure. Here’s the the new posting

.357 Magnum, excellent condition. Case and Hogue Monogrips included.

No trades, no shipping. Will meet in north Austin.

$1,400

1641764725621.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Pretty sure this is the same guy. If not, then it’s quite a coincidence. He’s on one of my motorcycle forums. Moved to Austin from SanDiego area (Carlsbad) and rides a Ducati. Registered Sept 2021. One of his opening posts was asking where to find an attorney to keep on retainer. Reason: traffic tickets. Stupid question so pretty sure it’s him. Anyway, he’s got the gun listed for $1400 and the sight, grips, and box are all magically there. You will notice the pic here was taken on the same wooden table as the listing on TGT. He was jerking us around for sure. Here’s the the new posting

$1,400

View attachment 298343
    Link?

Is it the same gun only with proper grips and sight?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County

$1,400

View attachment 298343
    Ha! I saw that ad yesterday. Thought of posting it here. Looks like he found the rear sight and grips.

Link: http://texasguntrader.com/category/.../listings/2094358/Smith-and-Wesson-586-1.html

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    So it was advertised here as an incomplete / incorrect pistol for $1800. Then it’s listed with all of the missing stuff +extra grips on Two Wheeled Texans for $1400. And, it’s on Texas Gun Trader for $1200. Ain’t right..
    Looks to me like he's trying different bait until he hooks the BigOne.
    Ya, he just changed the price again! I was all set to call him out and before I could finish writing it up he adjusted the price so both sites matched. Would have probably bought at this new price if it was like that on day one, but there’s been a lot of deceit and misrepresentations around this revolver and I just can’t trust the guy

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ya, he just changed the price again! I was all set to call him out and before I could finish writing it up he adjusted the price so both sites matched. Would have probably bought at this new price if it was like that on day one, but there’s been a lot of deceit and misrepresentations around this revolver and I just can’t trust the guy
    You should post a link to this thread and ask if it is the same gun

Top Bottom