• ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Juan

While I will agree that the private bays are a better choice if someone is gonna shoot at the Bullethole, their cost is a prohibitive factor for most people. Hell, their "public" range fees are now up to $9.50 per day per person; which is ridiculous; and $15 per person for two hours in the private bays is still no deal in my book.

And, as I've said numerous times before, I still can't bring myself to shoot at the Bullethole based on the numerous negative experiences I've had there in the past. The owners/management of that place turned a deaf ear to our complaints over safety issues, so as far as I am concerned they will never get my business or my money again...

$9.50 is ridiculous? ... since when?

These guys have to make money on something, otherwise what reason should they have to remain open?
    Venture Surplus ad

brocknchrist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    Blackhawk is closest to me... Not the worlds greatest, but sufficient for my needs... Pick up as much brass as you want... My only prollem is because there is so much brass it was hard to find my brass, I gave up and just left it... The rifle range I haven't tried, looked at but not actually shot, hope you remedy that on my next days off... (just put a red dot on a mosin nagant I wanna try out)... Just my .02

KaliJuan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Again, it's all different strokes for different folks my brothers, it might be good to call some places and find out if their facilities is brass picker friendly, and also to check prices and such. For me, I'd rather pay $15 for two hours where I am not bugged by the general public to do whatever the hell I want to, short of shooting from a helicopter (since I don't own one yet) than to pay $14 per hour in an indoor range where you sit and shoot, I want to move and shoot, I want to work speed reloads, I want to transition from primary to secondary, and I want to shoot my own damn Zombie targets, does the place I shoot at now facilitate all that for me ? YUP! But just because it facilitates my needs may not be the same as yours or someone else. Look, the Horse can be beaten to dust here, until a facility that WE all can agree on is the baddest ass of SA ranges, we're stuck with our choices and we continue to give em praises or break out the pitch forks and torches for their heads . . .

TwoOneOh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    I echo what TwoOneOh said, Bullethole is not bad if you go to the private bays, and even more so, the ones OUTSIDE of the of the office near the portable buildings, I don't EVEN see the inner areas where all the safety issues occur, lemme put it to you this way, they have an Alvis Saladen on display that I have YET to see, why? Cause I get an outer private bay, and they just recently installed video cameras around the whole facility, so I think they are starting to be more active in watching how their patrons use their facilities.

I'm supposed to go shoot tomorrow (money depending ofcourse) but really in all honesty, if you get in to one of the private bays, you are responsible for you and your party, so if your party shoots like a bunch of lunk heads, don't come shooting with me :)

Yeah the outer private bays i.e. steel for instance is great, three berms with plenty space and no one to bother you. I plan on returning once the hurting BulletHole has put on my wallet subsides. They really do need some basic membership program...

Juan

While I will agree that the private bays are a better choice if someone is gonna shoot at the Bullethole, their cost is a prohibitive factor for most people. Hell, their "public" range fees are now up to $9.50 per day per person; which is ridiculous; and $15 per person for two hours in the private bays is still no deal in my book.

Ehh...it's actually $15 per hour/per person now...sucks. At least that's how much it is for the private bay w/steel targets. It's sad to think that this is the most appealing option considering i have other ranges much closer to me.

And, as I've said numerous times before, I still can't bring myself to shoot at the Bullethole based on the numerous negative experiences I've had there in the past. The owners/management of that place turned a deaf ear to our complaints over safety issues, so as far as I am concerned they will never get my business or my money again...

At least from my limited # of visits (i think about a dozen now) i have seen no safety violations, although i do not shoot at the regular pistol range, i did that once and that was enough for me, far too crowded with too many people that show an obvious lack of respect for firearms. Again, shooting on the private side is night and day difference in quality and i'm sure, safety.

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    I like Bexar, but it's a drive. Lately we've been going to "A Place Get Shot." It's been relatively empty though. Must be the heat. I also have a buddy associated with a "non-profit outdoor learning center." I'm not sure if he would want me advertising this, but if they don't have anything going on, we can go out there to the small range they have. It's also a drive, but we don't have to worry about shop managers or irresponsible shooters.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I need to get a little more ammo before I can hit the range. When we meet up bring the brass and I'll probably buy it from you.

Soldiernurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Younggun;
    Ramble? Your post was, well more to my like'n than some others I've read on this thread.

Firing pistols so did not try the stool it was just in my way.

TexasGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    Cibolo. Texas
    I'm looking forward to the new range that will be build by LoneStar Handguns. As I understand it they will only have lanes for hand guns as it stands now. They will also be including classrooms and a store on site. It will be located on I10 east next to the drag strip.

Top Bottom