Patriot Mobile

How Stupid do you really have to be.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I don't see him saying they are deserving of it ... just that they were stupid for ignoring all of the rather obvious warnings.

Personally, they rolled the dice and lost. The only thing that I disagree with is us having to spend tax payer money and risk the lives of good people (SEALs / Navy) to protect these people. This isn't downtown Houston, this is Somalia. If you want to risk your life for what you believe in, go for it, but don't drag everyone else into the fray when you get in too deep.

We spent thousands of dollars and took huge risks to save four people that with a little foresight and common sense could have avoided the situation entirely. So who's really the immature one? My vote is the people that think their own personal crusade far outweighs the hard work and lives of the American people.

Took the words right out of my brain...ouch! Needless death sucks.....I see it in all areas of life...people forcing others to act because of their own poor decisions.

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    People making stupid decisions happens all the time. The TV networks thrive because of this. How many shows are there out there that show stupid people in distress, by their own accord, needing to be rescued? Rock Climbers, Mountian Bikers, Snow Skiers, Underwater divers, Boaters, etc... It's just a fact of life that God gave us all a brain to make decisions, but not everyone uses it while reasoning better judgment.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I doubt they were naive about the risk they were in. I think they made a conscious choice to serve God regardless of the risk level. I don't consider that stupid; I commend them for their faith.

That being said, they should also expect support from no one but God if those decisions land them in trouble.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The USS Texas is harbored within driving distance ... it's also got 14" guns. We got enough members to crew it.
    Hmm, I approve of this idea... sign me up! We could bill ourselves as modern day Templars. Protecting people from pirates and marauders all the while keeping the booty for ourselves. After we kill all the Somalia pirates, can we go take out Paul Watson's merry band of eco terrorists?

Top Bottom