• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just for fun, thought I'd put this together tonight, after Shorts and I were talking about how to actually load ammo in a pistol mag one-handed.

The basics:

-Hold the UpLULA with just two fingers
    -Rest the mag on your chest
    -If possible, position your ammo/ammo box in such a manner that it's easy to grab a round with just a couple fingers

Pretty simple.

ARJ Defense ad

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Travis, you win. :cool:

Thanks so much man. The instances are few and far between when I ask for help that someone actually sincerely steps into my world. Next cold one on me. You'll probably get a hug too.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I love that stuff. Problem is I'm usually just too scatterbrained and busy with work that it's easy to make excuses, when it really just takes all of 5-10min to film, fire up Sony Vegas for editing, then get it uploaded. I'm trying to make less and less excuses, and actually start filming more of these types of vids like I said I was going to 9 months ago. ;)

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Very nice. Honest question, how do you rack the slide one handed? About the only thing that comes to mind is to hold normally and press the front sight against something.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Very nice. Honest question, how do you rack the slide one handed? About the only thing that comes to mind is to hold normally and press the front sight against something.

I hold the pistol to the bottom of my rib cage/abs (where you press for cpr). I overhand the slide and rack back. Large and mid-sized autos are easier as they have more real estate. Small compacts and pockets are tougher. I use my middle finger to lock up the slide stop (sometimes the ring finger depending on gun size and where my grip is on the slide). Or I insert an empty mag so lockback is automatic.

Otherwise on live fire I shoot to lockback, reload and drop slide stop. I have not practiced shooting until last round before lock back to reload, but it might be a technique to try to of I really wanted to cut out all unnecessary steps and movements for speed. It isn't a difficult technique, I just never employed it. I do count my rounds when firing so the transition would, should, be easy.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Basically use something solid on the gun to rack it. The rear sight is usually the best option, though stock Glock plastic sights can come right off very easily when doing this. You can also use the edge of the ejection port, but this is considerably more difficult. For the rear site, you can rotate the gun inboard and rack it off the belt. You can also rack it off the edge of a holster. If the slide is locked back, you can potentially just use the slide release lever, but it may be less consistent and more difficult for some people, one-handed.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I've tried to stay off the sights for everyday work because they can be pretty weak. My concern is deforming a rear sight so I've left the methods that employ them as emergency only. Another option along the lines of using the rear sight and slide, kneel down and rack on the heel/sole of the shoe. Works great with tennis shoes. I've racked on my belt but again, not regularly as it tears up hte edges on my good carry belts. Done it on my jeans/pockets, often leaving a good copper mark from the rivets on the blued slide lol But, know how to do it all really. They will work, just know the long term affects.

Last edited:

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Did you lose your legs at the hip?

Hold mag between knees and insert rounds...

Lula? L-U-L-A, Lula?

Does she walk like a woman, but talk like a man? :cool:

Sit back on your heels, place the slide in crook of knee with grip to rear, and push forward (and out) on grip.

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Did you lose your legs at the hip?

Hold mag between knees and insert rounds...

Lula? L-U-L-A, Lula?

Does she walk like a woman, but talk like a man? :cool:

Who said anything about losing legs? If you had any education with the 938 which was the origin of this thread you'd know we are talking about 938 mags. If you have no experience with 938 you are way out of your lane. You probably think you're being cute and witty but in really, we're past this.

Mags can be loaded if you hold then between your knees, single stack more readily than double. But if the mag spring is real stiff like 938s are a loader is necessary.

Last edited:

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Who said anything about losing legs? If you had any education with the 938 which was the origin of this thread you'd know we are talking about 938 mags. If you have no experience with 938 you are way out of your lane. You probably think you're being cute and witty but in really, we're past this.

Mags can be loaded if you hold then between your knees, single stack more readily than double. But if the mag spring is real stiff like 938s are a loader is necessary.

Until you edited your "Are you drunk?" post and replaced it with your little tirade, nobody had mentioned a 938 and the video shows a Glock mag being loaded, and the thread title is:

How to load your pistol mags one-handed

Maybe you get 938 out of that, but if so, you must be drunk, or just desperate to act like a jerk.

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Until you edited your "Are you drunk?" post and replaced it with your little tirade, nobody had mentioned a 938 and the video shows a Glock mag being loaded, and the thread title is:

How to load your pistol mags one-handed

Maybe you get 938 out of that, but if so, you must be drunk, or just desperate to act like a jerk.

Yup, I did ask if you were drunk. Honestly I couldn't believe someone was so outright rude for the sake of looking witty for the forum. And nothing really of substance to add to the thread either.

The "tirade" as you call it was a conversation that was taking place before you decided to come in guns a'blazing. It can be found here: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/general-firearms-ammo/49688-sig-p938-9mm-ftf-fte-issues-4.html

Sorry dude, you came in all wrong and got set straight for it.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    It would be even more impressive if you did it without the LULA.

Next video! :)

edit: BTW, I just read the previous posts regarding the stiff 938 mag springs. I'd still love to see Travis fumbling around trying to load those double-stacks... it would be very entertaining :)

Last edited:

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Yup, I did ask if you were drunk. Honestly I couldn't believe someone was so outright rude for the sake of looking witty for the forum. And nothing really of substance to add to the thread either.

The "tirade" as you call it was a conversation that was taking place before you decided to come in guns a'blazing. It can be found here:.

So having been called out for your little tirade, now you produce a completely separate thread which everyone must read before commenting here?

Unfortunately it looks as though you're simply attempting to justify your rude and obnoxious response to a bit of levity mixed in with alternative suggestions for how to load your pistol magazine one handed.

I'm sorry you have no room in your life for anything light-hearted, perhaps things will get better for you soon.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Thanks

Being a one handed shooter, due to a rather nasty accident over twenty years ago, I have many years of experience with loading my weapons one handed. The UPLULA speedloader is one of, if not the greatest, tools for loading a magazine.

The method I use is more of a vertical, magazine base on flat surface instead of on my chest. I also have a nifty lil' block of cherry wood that I cut recesses in and routed out for different size magazine base plates so it would hold them more securely and stable. With the bottom having a shelf liner pad on it so won't move too much. This "magazine block" is set up in such a way that I can use it for single and double stack mags. And though it doesn't fit every model of mag., it works well enough to do the job it was made for.

As for racking the slide, I saw that mentioned somewhere, I use either the rear sight, or the ejection port on a stiff surface. My holster, table edge, boot heel, are a few that come to mind first. As also mentioned, the rear sight can become loose or distorted, so some caution is recommended. Though this has only really become an issue with one pistol.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    So having been called out for your little tirade, now you produce a completely separate thread which everyone must read before commenting here?

Yes. It gives this post context so there are not stupid comments to the effect of 'hold it with your knees'. Gee, you think?

Crawl back under your rock.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    a bit of levity

Ah, that was supposed to be witty...

Yeah, that didn't work out well for you. You came off insulting towards Shorts and other shooters who have lost the use of one hand. And now you're attempting to go on the offensive and it's coming off...well, offensive. You're not really helping yourself here.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A serious comment about racking the slide between your knees of on your heel.

Both of those require you to stop moving. Considering that most of us practice because we enjoy shooting AND with the full intention of using those skills in a life and death situation if needed the method of racking between your knees of on the heel of your shoe has a district disadvantage in that you have to choose between being on the move or loading completing your reload.

Top Bottom