• ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    This is the type of article that a large number of Americans read. A large percentage of Americans do not own guns and their only connection to them is through television and movies that depict violent use of guns. The American population is being manipulated and led to believe that any and all gun ownership makes the owner a killer. We on this forum are very parochial in our interest in guns and our knowledge of same. What many here do not do is to open discussion with those who do not own guns and listen to what they say and their perceptions. What we must do is not try to convert these people, rather we need to listen to their fears and ignorance and formulate a platform to offer them, in the future, an alternative informed and factual truth about guns and the ownership of same.

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    The only line in the entire verbose blathering article that made any sense was in the description of the author at the end, he wrote "Trumpocalypse, restoring..." too much Trump Derangement Syndrome, the author has opened his mouth, and proven himself a fool, and now also a MORON!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Unfortunately many in our society are totally ignorant on the subject of firearms. All they know is what they see on TV or hear from their source of news. Sadly, both are no longer reality based, but emotional based.

Those unfortunate Citizens that only know urban life, cannot fathom the life most of us have known by not living in a major metropolitan city.

To them, we are hicks and rubes to be dismissed by their enlightened utopian views.....

Hicks and rubes will be the final winners in the end..............

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    This is the type of article that a large number of Americans read. A large percentage of Americans do not own guns and their only connection to them is through television and movies that depict violent use of guns. The American population is being manipulated and led to believe that any and all gun ownership makes the owner a killer. We on this forum are very parochial in our interest in guns and our knowledge of same. What many here do not do is to open discussion with those who do not own guns and listen to what they say and their perceptions. What we must do is not try to convert these people, rather we need to listen to their fears and ignorance and formulate a platform to offer them, in the future, an alternative informed and factual truth about guns and the ownership of same.
    Well stated. Thanks for adding to the conversation. Too often on this and other forums we are talking/writing in an 'echo chamber'. Hearing ourselves all the time.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If a person owns guns, and reads an article written by some idiot, and that is what persuades a person to give up their guns.

I can only conclude that person maybe should have even owned a gun in the first place.

Years ago, I use to care what anti-gun liberals thought, hell even to some degree cared about their feelings, and their fears.

What I realized is the more logic, proof, and facts that I used to debate them, the more emotional and illogical they became. It dawned on me that discussion with people that are anti-gun, is just futile and a wasted effort. I don't anymore.

If they want to be the victims of armed thugs and criminals, or the slaves of an oppressive governmental regime, then let them.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    The folks who are convinced by this article have never seen evil in action. They truly believe that "all men are good", and that we should all just get along. For them it's a land of skittle rainbows and unicorns.
    Let the electricity go off and they will see the true face of humanity.

Keeping with that thought, I read an article today that stated air conditioning is the biggest polluter and generator of greenhouse gases on the planet. I guess if you think about it, it's true. Yet, I don't see anybody suggesting that we all get rid of our a/c to save the planet.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    While I certainly do not agree with this article, assuming they do ram through laws that essentially trample the 2A, how would they possiblly make people whose guns are confiscated or “bought back” whole again?
    1) how would they value a gun? You can’t just arbitrarily put an across the board value. Purchase price isn’t a good indicator due to inflation. A $350 gun in 1970 might be a $2000 gun in today’s dollars.
    2) there are accessories that in some cases are half as much of the gun that would be useless like holsters, safes, bags, slings, cases, cleaning stuff, reloading presses, optics, scopes, scope rings, silencers and associated tax stamps, etc. How would any of that be compensated?
    3) what about all the ammo that would now useless?

I mean, for some folks, all the ancillary stuff could be as much or more that the guns they want to take. These gun grabbers talk like they can throw a number like $500 or $1000 per gun as a buy back, but that’s not really the case. Good thing I got rid of most of mine

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Sorry I'm just a great unwashed and base negro. It was a hard read for me.
    I don't give a flying as to how much thought and mental gymnastics some think tanker and hallowed halls putz puts into this they have never been exposed to true evil.
    I watched a old video from a family in Fla his wife didn't want a gun in the house. He got one she made him lock it up upstairs in the room.
    Guess what home invasion her raped kids killed him killed..
    So for all of the pontificating until you survived a desperate encounter and provide me proof that you negotiated your way out of and lived to tell the tale.
    PLUCK YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    If a person owns guns, and reads an article written by some idiot, and that is what persuades a person to give up their guns.

I can only conclude that person maybe should have even owned a gun in the first place.

Years ago, I use to care what anti-gun liberals thought, hell even to some degree cared about their feelings, and their fears.

What I realized is the more logic, proof, and facts that I used to debate them, the more emotional and illogical they became. It dawned on me that discussion with people that are anti-gun, is just futile and a wasted effort. I don't anymore.

If they want to be the victims of armed thugs and criminals, or the slaves of an oppressive governmental regime, then let them.

I concur, BUT how do we remove these persons "stank" from our beloved country.

Top Bottom