• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I just pull the tshirt over. The knife is real flat.

I can see how it would hit your ribs though. My waist is 36" but think my chest is only about 44"" these days
    Capitol Armory ad

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    I carry 2 small fixed blades, bigger ones go in my pack or vehicle.

Kabar TDI either appendix or right hip (depends on gun carry).

I keep a Cold Steel mini Pendleton Hunter on my right ankle, velcro strap.

I've actually carried both these knives for several years, the TDI might be coming up on a decade fairly soon. Even this picture is a few years old. Both are factory sheaths which I have to say for both knives have been excellent and have held up to a LOT of sweat and abuse.

DC43D2EC-DD4A-48E4-B7AD-0852CDB763BB-21278-000003840A765576_zpsbdde477b.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't carry a fixed blade often, but when I do I carry it horizontally on my belt in front of my left hip. Works best if the knife is less than 1.5in tall over all because that's my belt size. I use a couple strips of bicycle inner tube to hold the sheath to the belt. It tucks up under my dunlap nicely ;)

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Here's the knife and sheath from a pic I stole off the net...
    DSC_06121.jpg

The para cord loop goes through the two bottom most rivets of the sheath at the tip of the blade.

The loop is then passed over my belt buckle, the knife is stowed in the waistband at a comfortable angle and the belt is cinched.
    ahhhh, I gotcha. Really like that set up what knife & sheath is that?

Ohh, thanks for the description too..

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I usually carry a ~4.5" fixed blade from my friend Joe Watson. I've tried several different methods and carry positions. The one I've been using lately is the sheath attached to a Raven Concealment Pocket Shield, in the support hand front pocket. A little slower to access than carrying on the belt line, but I like that it's a more subtle carry position. The Pocket Shield, while not amazing, does it's job and works fairly well. It's not perfect by any means, but it works. Whether or not it will work well seems to depend heavily on the pants/shorts you decide to use it in. For me, I'm usually wearing Duluth jeans, or certain brands of khaki cargo shorts, both of which I usually buy because of the deeper front pockets in comparison to more run of the mill brands. A shallow pocket will probably not work well for the Pocket Shield.

When drawing, usually it's not difficult to reach into the pocket with a few fingers, grab the base of the grip, pull up, establish a solid grip as you gain height out of the pocket, and then I like to pull sharply at an angle from the pocket, like 45-90 degrees. The Pocket Shield has little nubs on the front and back, making it easy to slam into an edge of your pocket, causing the knife to break free from the sheath. This motion seems to work well enough for establishing and drawing with a reverse grip; maybe not so much for a forward-facing grip.

19601009688_2be006a8cb_b.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Other thing to think about w IWB carry is how tall you are. Some folks have a longer/taller midsection.

Gotta say though, knives are way easier to conceal than guns.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    This thought was sparked in my head by a thread that TX69 started about fixed blade knives. I am curious as to how/where y'all carry (on your person) your EDC FIXED BLADE KNIFE and what kind of sheath you use. I am considering switching my type of carry knife from a folder to fixed blade. This got me to thinking of how I would carry it. The times that I carry a fixed blade knife are only at the deer lease and it is always on my right side and vertical. Contemplating possibly some kind of horizontal carry method either on my left (carry handgun will be on my right) or small of the back. Again, this is slated towards FIXED BLADES. Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations or tips will be appreciated. Thanks y'all.

If it's the Shiva, i wear the crappy sheath.

If it's the contego, I put it in my front left pocket.
    very comfortable.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I've pretty much always carried a folder as well except for when I'm hunting. Recently I had the same thought as you and am trying out a fixed blade. The fastest and most perfect folder draw is still slower than a slow fixed blade draw.

Like a few others mentioned, I picked up a Ka-bar TDI. Small and easy to handle and designed for a weak hand draw as well as crossdraw. I just started carrying it today but will let you know what I think.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    sounds like a winner Bigun, glad to see yer back....

I'm still looking for what will work for me, wish there were more places in SA that I could go and actually handle a few of em.....:banghead:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    sounds like a winner Bigun, glad to see yer back....

I'm still looking for what will work for me, wish there were more places in SA that I could go and actually handle a few of em.....:banghead:
    Just buy a bunch and I'll come over to test them out :p

I'll probably buy a least one other small fixed blade to try out (not sure what) and see what I like but there are way too many options.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

the_persuader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2015
    I picked up a CRKT Folts Minimalist Bowie the other day and carry it horizontally on my belt. Can't even tell it's there. Great knife for $20.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom