Howdy from West Texas - Your FIRST line of defense from Californians with U-Haul's...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I figured that since I had helped myself to the other areas of the board, I might as well introduce myself, and remind yall that when it comes to those pesky left-coasters moving this way, I got your back!

Seems like a great place to hang out, great information and enough crazies to keep it interesting...and in the process maybe learn something!

God Bless!

West Texas (San Angelo)

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I am not sure what you are doing to protect us, but it doesn't seem to be working. LOL, I love San Angelo, in large part because the interstate doesn't run through it. You are going to have to significant extend your perimeter to increase your effectiveness! :-)

jkchan83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    I just made it past you from LA to Houston. I guess that being a born and raised Texan helps to keep the alarms from going off. BTW, I was not the only giant yellow Penske truck (or orange U-Haul) headed east on I-10 that weekend. You've got your work cut out for you. :-)

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I just made it past you from LA to Houston. I guess that being a born and raised Texan helps to keep the alarms from going off. BTW, I was not the only giant yellow Penske truck (or orange U-Haul) headed east on I-10 that weekend. You've got your work cut out for you. :-)

We don't mind them passing through...just don't start unloading :)

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Welcome to TGT! I saw your thread title and laughed since I just posted the following to another forum this morning...it's so appropriate!

Word of warning to anyone out there who has a California transplant moving into your area: Be very afraid! The land of the Yuppies is exporting it's most damaging commodity--well, Yuppies themselves--to the rest of the nation as they realize that this tax thing is a real bummer. So what do Californians do? They move into your area and try to convert it into California! Here's what one Nevadan from Beatty told me last year when I talked to him about this issue, and he said:

"Ever since California's economy tanked we've been having these Yuppies moving into Beatty. They've come in here and started building their McMansions and real estate prices have shot up that will probably cause a lot of long-time residents here to move out because of rising property taxes. The first thing the Yuppies did too was to complain that we had no street lights here, and that was unsafe for the kids and might encourage burglars and such, so they've started a measure with the city council to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to put in street light a small town doesn't need. These California Yuppies are like a virus, that just infect any place they move to as they try to recreate California in their new homes."

Right on, Keith! It's a great warning to all you Texans and others out there to be wary of Californians. You've been warned from someone living in this insane asylum.

Top Bottom