• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    1.) They dont have to announce their presence. It is called a "no-knock" warrant and can be issued if the judge believes announcing their presence will result in the destruction of evidence.
    2.) No there is no guarantee, but as described by another member, "if you are sitting on you couch eating subway" and a warrant entry team kicks down your door with AR-15 in hand....I will place my money on them 100 out of 100 times. They arent the typical patrolman. These teams are usually the most highly trained with firearms and they have the element of surprise...oh and they have an AR already pointing at your head before you even realize what is going on. Enjoy your $5 footlong......

Well, I hope to God that the police and judicial system have their feces collated because if a scenario like that were to happen, you can bet my surivors are going to lawyer up and sue the ever-living shit out of the department that dorked up and killed me!

Propagate the myth all you want, I refuse to accept that all cops have "ninja-like" skills and will always have the upper hand in any situation. I've seen too many examples of agencies screwing the pooch in these kind of situations, even those "elite" teams you are on about; and you can bet that the results are not pleasant!

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I shoot 150 rounds a week. I bet thats more practice than most LEOs. There is no reason why I shouldn't shoot better than someone who doesn't practice as much.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I shoot 150 rounds a week. I bet thats more practice than most LEOs. There is no reason why I shouldn't shoot better than someone who doesn't practice as much.
    this is quickly becoming comical...i dont care if you shoot 150 rounds a week or 150,000 rounds a week. If a swat team kicks in your door while you are eating your meatball marinara, you are done....next.
    nobody said the police have magic ninja skills, but, you dont have them either...unless you are from the cast of the MAtrix or crouching tiger/hidden dragon, common sense tells you that when a trained team gets the drop on you, you are screwed.

If they are in the wrong house....then they too are screwed. i'd rather get shot then shoot an innocent person cause I entered the wrong house. they would have at that point effectively ended their careers in most cases....as it should be.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    this is quickly becoming comical...i dont care if you shoot 150 rounds a week or 150,000 rounds a week. If a swat team kicks in your door while you are eating your meatball marinara, you are done....next.
    nobody said the police have magic ninja skills, but, you dont have them either...unless you are from the cast of the MAtrix or crouching tiger/hidden dragon, common sense tells you that when a trained team gets the drop on you, you are screwed.

If they are in the wrong house....then they too are screwed. i'd rather get shot then shoot an innocent person cause I entered the wrong house. they would have at that point effectively ended their careers in most cases....as it should be.

Nothing wrong with a little comedy mixed with our seriousness. I prefer the cold cut to the marinara.

Im not Jack Bauer, I realize cant single handedly take out a whole SWAT team, I dont get your point.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Im not Jack Bauer, I realize cant single handedly take out a whole SWAT team, I dont get your point.
    I think the point is that a lone officer is not going to serve a high risk warrant. SWAT teams have entered wrong houses before.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The police's so-called dominance didn't seem to work in this situation, which was in today's San Antonio news...

Man Opens Fire On Police Executing Warrant

Police officers serving a warrant at a near North Side home dodged a bullet Tuesday morning — several, actually.

Police said Adrian Remedios Perryman, 48, fired multiple shots at officers after they entered his residence in the 1200 block of Magnolia around 2:30 a.m. with a narcotics search warrant in hand.

Officers in full uniform and detectives wearing raid gear with the word “police” on it yelled, “Police, search warrant!” as they entered the home, leaving no doubt about their identity, police said.

Nobody was injured. One bullet narrowly missed a detective's left leg, piercing a pocket on his shorts, according to a police incident report. Perryman was apprehended seconds later, and has been charged with attempted capital murder of a police officer and possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, the report states.

Police found methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and firearms — and two surveillance cameras outside the residence that had given warning of officers' arrival in real time, the report states.

Perryman was in Bexar County Jail on bonds totaling $280,000, authorities said.
    So why isn't Perryman in the morgue instead of jail?!?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Ok ive got one for ya.

You (law abiding citizen) are sitting on your couch watching fox news with your dog, and eating some subway when you hear the your door get kicked in and see a dude in black paramilitary attire with an AR scouting through your house. You are scared shitless so you spray his ass all over the wall with a 12GA. Then you find out he's swat team. Are you fucked?

This was the scenario I was analyzing.^^^^^

A meth dealer who is ready and watching the cops approach on a security camera is a whole different scenario...although I would like to hear from those that earlier were talking about the "trigger happy cops". It appears that SAPD showed alot of restraint and took the guy in when they could have easily shot him and been cleared.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The police's so-called dominance didn't seem to work in this situation, which was in today's San Antonio news...

So why isn't Perryman in the morgue instead of jail?!?
    No one said the police were dominant, just that if a trained swat team takes you by surprise you are screwed.

And in case you were still wondering...if a trained swat team takes you by surprise...you are screwed.

I can relate alot better to those that said "I would throw my hands up and let them take me in and sort it out later". They in the long run, would be the winner, both financially and in length of life.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

This was your earlier post: "Ok ive got one for ya.

You (law abiding citizen) are sitting on your couch watching fox news with your dog, and eating some subway when you hear the your door get kicked in and see a dude in black paramilitary attire with an AR scouting through your house. You are scared shitless so you spray his ass all over the wall with a 12GA. Then you find out he's swat team. Are you fucked? "

So MY point is that if you are "watching Fox News, with your dog, eating some Subway" in all likelihood you would be dead if you tried to "spray his ass all over the wall with a 12 GA"

I think this has come full circle and we are now repeating ourselves.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Anyone can bust down your door and yell police wearing some police shit they got on the Internet. You just gonna give it up and disarm? Screw that.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Anyone can bust down your door and yell police wearing some police shit they got on the Internet.

True.

And you would be much more likely to live to tell the story if you put your hands up. Out of all the houses that have the door kicked in by someone yelling "Police"....I would guess that over 99.9% of the time, it is the police.

Do what you want. I have had quite a bit of decent training in my career and am pretty confident in my skills. I will still go with the odds here and put my hands up.

You are trying to argue a point that is indefensable....
    shit happens, sometimes it sucks, life aint fair. your odds of living to be old are FAR FAR FAR FAR better if you put your hands up.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Just an FYI....should you not put your hands up...even if the officer's made a mistake.....

Sec. 38.03. Resisting Arrest, Search, or Transportation
    (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.
    (b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.
    (c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Quite a few cases exist. The only one I know of where the guy got off was Kevin Harris.

Currently there is a woman in the system for killing an FBI agent during a no-knock.

Christina Korbe called 911 at 6:05 a.m. and told emergency dispatchers that she believed her home was being burglarized and that she shot an intruder with a .38-caliber handgun. She was still on the phone when officers ran upstairs and took her into custody. She said she did not know that those who broke down the door were police officers.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Just an FYI....should you not put your hands up...even if the officer's made a mistake.....

Sec. 38.03. Resisting Arrest, Search, or Transportation
    (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.
    (b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.
    (c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

Don't forget this part:

(c) The use of force to resist an arrest or search is justified:
    (1) if, before the actor offers any resistance, the peace officer (or person acting at his direction) uses or attempts to use greater force than necessary to make the arrest or search; and
    (2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the peace officer's (or other person's) use or attempted use of greater force than necessary.

Sure would love to see a Case where it was successfully invoked. Doubt there are many, but with cameras everywhere these days, I guess it is possible.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Don't forget this part:

(c) The use of force to resist an arrest or search is justified:
    (1) if, before the actor offers any resistance, the peace officer (or person acting at his direction) uses or attempts to use greater force than necessary to make the arrest or search; and
    (2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the peace officer's (or other person's) use or attempted use of greater force than necessary.

Sure would love to see a Case where it was successfully invoked. Doubt there are many, but with cameras everywhere these days, I guess it is possible.
    Wouldn't apply in a no-knock warrant service

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I will only allow this retarded thread to continue if every next post contains the name of a Subway footlong in it. You cannot use ones already named.

I'm going to say that 8 guys with body armor, automatic rifles, shotguns, flashbangs, and tactical surprise are going to be the winning team in any armed confrontation when you have a nice cold-cut-trio on Parmesan oregano in hand. If I was the point man and you shot at me, I'm going to ram a ballistic shield up your ass in a violent jerking, twisting, motion.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I agree, but the question was about taking out one of them. You obviously would never want to, but could easily put down your delicious jalapeno melt then grab the 12 gauge and take him down.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I agree, but the question was about taking out one of them. You obviously would never want to, but could easily put down your delicious jalapeno melt then grab the 12 gauge and take him down.

By the time you could utter "Damn this Tuna on Wheat is good!" you'd have an M4 shoved in your face. Nevermind ditching the Tuna for a Mossberg!

Top Bottom