• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Whats out there? I work with a guy that was asking me since I'm "the rifle guy" and I'm not sure who has a hunting load for an SKS. M.Sage do you hunt with your AK and is it 7.62x39? I don't have allot of experience with this round so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Cody
    Guns International

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Remingtons 123 grain SP was always pretty accurate out of the Mini-30 when I used to hunt with it. Always stopped a hog.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Thanks guys. I should have included that he doesn't reload. So Remington makes a factory SP for the 762 X 39, I think Norma does to but what about Winchester and Federal?

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Norma would be great, I'm sure, but I'd bet they are expensive as hell. Federal makes a SP, but my rifle wouldn't group with it. I don't remember seeing an offering from Winchester, doesn't mean they don't have one though. Check out Cor-Bon too. I think they offer a SP and might be a good compromise between Remington/Federal and Norma

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Cool thanks guys I appreciate the help. I think he might want to go pig hunting with this rifle so I didn't want to tell him they made them and they didn't. Thanks again guys.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I bought 2 boxes of Winchester super x soft points in this caliber for 23.00 a box at sportman's finest. I say two boxes because thats all they had. They shoot well. I also have a couple boxes of federal power-sok?? That shoot good too.

Top Bottom