• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medic_cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    San Antonio
    Hey guys I'm in the Army and fairly new to the area, been here about 10 months now. Last deer season was able to make it up to Fort Hood to hunt and bagged a buck, but this year I have started my program at Ft Sam to become a Physician Assistant and am fairly busy with school and studying, so that is not an option. I'm going to try and get a spot out at Camp Bullis but they only have so many slots so I am in search of someplace to hunt this year. I am willing to pay to hunt but can't afford a whole lot. I would appreciate any info or ideas that anybody may have. I am also looking to take my son out hunting, he is 10 and I just bought him a rifle to hunt with me this year. I am looking to hunt deer, hogs, and turkey to put a little meat on our table. Thanks for any info.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Hunting in Texas is a paradox: So much game, so little public land to hunt on.

A herd of deer live in my suburban neighborhood, and more are taken by vehicles and coyotes than by hunters or poachers. It is a criminal offense to discharge a firearm within the city limits. Our city elders would rather see wildlife suffer starvation than to allow for the humane harvesting of that natural resource.

Thousands of hunters come to Texas and spend thousands of dollars to get that trophy game animal on a private hunting ranch.

Your best bet is to play the lottery and hunt at Camp Bullis to conserve your dollars.

Can't think of anything else other than to hit up various hunting guides for the best deal.

medic_cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    San Antonio
    Thanks, I figured that was my best bet. But didn't think it would hurt anything to try on here. I still may try to get up to Hood again too if nothing else works.

Top Bottom