• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I remember when it was Alta Loma
    Alta Loma was a different little community from Santa Fe, as was Algoa back in the day.

I remember if you needed a LEO, just call the Busy Bee Cafe. Quicker to get hold of him. That was the phone number everyone had on the wall for police, instead of the actual PD phone number.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Send me your guns for safe keeping.

AEDDFFEE-B26F-4F9E-972C-F3E38ACCE1A9.gif

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Prayers for you guys. Cat 3 or 4 by the time it hits but will be a quick mover.

My son is going to linemans school right after xmas here in Denton. Then they will be moving back here to texas. Hes done being crapped on as a member of law enforcement.

Next year hell be ready to help. And it will be nice to have grandkids in state.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Hurricane Laura is expected to strengthen into a Category 4 storm and produce a life-threatening storm surge before it makes landfall on the Louisiana and Texas coasts Wednesday, according to the National Hurricane Center.

More than 385,000 residents were told to flee the Texas cities of Beaumont, Galveston and Port Arthur, and another 200,000 were ordered to leave low-lying Calcasieu Parish in southwestern Louisiana, where forecasters said as much as 13 feet of storm surge topped by waves could submerge whole communities.

Watches and warnings have also been issued for certain parts of Mississipi and Louisiana.

“The waters are warm enough everywhere there to support a major hurricane," National Hurricane Center Deputy Director Ed Rappaport said late Tuesday. "The waters are very warm where the storm is now and will be for the entire path up until the Gulf Coast."

Lousiana Gov. John Bel Edwards warned the state may see “significant flooding in places that don’t normally see it.”

As of early Wednesay, the hurricane is located over the Gulf of Mexico and has maximum sustained winds of 110 mph and is moving northwest at 15 mph.

About 500,000 residents were ordered to evacuate the coast Tuesday over fears of extreme winds and flash flooding and a Storm Surge Warning has been issued along the Texas coast from Freeport to San Luis Pass.

Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm in the final stages of moving from LaPorte to the Lufkin area. I hauled my last load up here to East Texas this past Sunday - thinking I was getting out of the Houston area ahead of the storm.
    At this point I'll ride it out in these East Texas woods. I don't even have a can of beans left at the house in LaPorte.
    May the Lord bless and keep you all safe!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I'm in the final stages of moving from LaPorte to the Lufkin area. I hauled my last load up here to East Texas this past Sunday - thinking I was getting out of the Houston area ahead of the storm.
    At this point I'll ride it out in these East Texas woods. I don't even have a can of beans left at the house in LaPorte.
    May the Lord bless and keep you all safe!

Good timing, enjoy the peaceful life in the woods.

Top Bottom