DK Firearms

I came across a few 80% 2011 pistol frames and barrels. How hard is it to finish these out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reacorbett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2023
    Temple, TX
    I came across quite a few 2011 pistol barrels and 80% frames. The barrels still need some milling done. The ramp hasn't been milled yet. These barrels are "6. I'm assuming the frames would finish out similar to a 1911. But, how hard would it be to finish the barrels?

IMG_20231220_104127839.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Welcome!

Looks like a cool project, one that I've never attempted. Quick search found this pic, which shows the finished machined parts. Not sure why you'd need to finish the barrel as only frame is regulated.

2011-Goverment-Tactical-Full-rail-9mm-kit-with-STI-Grip-768x622-1.jpeg

Looks rather involved-requires purchasing their tool. Might want to get a spare blank or 3 to practice on. Post pics of your project.

Last edited:

reacorbett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2023
    Temple, TX
    Welcome!

Looks like a cool project, one that I've never attempted. Quick search found this pic, which shows the finished machined parts. Not sure why you'd need to finish the barrel as only frame is regulated.

2011-Goverment-Tactical-Full-rail-9mm-kit-with-STI-Grip-768x622-1.jpeg

Looks rather involved-requires purchasing their tool. Might want to get a spare blank or 3 to practice on. Post pics of your project.
    The ramp has not been milled on the barrel.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    I came across quite a few 2011 pistol barrels and 80% frames. The barrels still need some milling done. The ramp hasn't been milled yet. These barrels are "6. I'm assuming the frames would finish out similar to a 1911. But, how hard would it be to finish the barrels?

View attachment 421678
    Check with the manufacturer. That is the ONLY way to get a reliable and accurate answer.

olddirtygerm

Awesome
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2018
    Fort Worth

View attachment 421678
    Depends on the tools you have. You also need to mill it for the slide. 1911/2011 80% do take more skill and custom fitting than a Polymer 80 or 80% Arms Glock clone.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom