• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Have y'all heard this one yet? Yet another mind boggling effort by PETA. They want to rename fish, yep you guessed it, Sea Kittens.

Here's a couple of links:

PETA Attempts To Make Fish More Adorable : NPR

PETA // Save the Sea Kittens

And my favorite quote from the NPR article above:

"Most parents would never dream of spending a weekend torturing kittens for fun with their families, but hooking a sea kitten through the mouth and dragging her through the water is the same as hooking a kitten through the mouth and dragging her behind your car,"

I couldn't make this up if I tried. I just thought I'd share the reason I've been laughing uncontrollably for the past couple of days.
    Guns International

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I am not sure how to respond to this!!! My jaw is still on the floor! :eek:

I guess it amazes me that there are people who truly believe and support this nonsense!! I guess it is one of the reasons I carry a gun. You never know when one of these people will go completely off the deep end and swing to the violent, killer type!! Some PETA members have stated that they value animal life over human life and they would sacrifice a human before an animal.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    After thinking about this, here is my response--

I feel so ashamed! I have eaten so many cute and cuddly Sea Kittens in my life! I would become a vegetarian except that it is believed that plants may have feelings also. Maybe a water diet. No, there may be cute fuzzy microbes in the water! What would they think? The horror they would go through as I swallowed them! What to do? What to do!!
    17.gif

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I'd like to drag some PETA behind my car, hook in mouth.

I'm waiting for them to start defending vegetables and that will only leave us dirt and cannibalism. ....wonder how some of those female PETA's would cook-up.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    They're the same ones that just made a restaurant toss a 20lb lobster back in the water off the coast of Maine after it's been a mascot in a tank for years and years.

I'm sure something had a tasty, and big, meal pretty quick.

Next thing they spin off a new organization. They new members will be known as PETR's.

PETR = People for the Ethical Treatment of Rocks. :patriot:

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    My cat bit my foot so I bit his ear. Lucky for him, he didn't taste like fish! I told him the sea-kitten story and he seemed pretty confused. He asked me what's the difference between a sea kitten and plain old cat fish.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    This is insane,

"Fish not only have the same ability to feel pain as a dog or a cat, but they also communicate with one another," she says. "They have complex social interactions; they form bonds; they express affection by gently rubbing against one another."

did she ever take a single biology class? she's obviously so full of you know what to notice that a jr. high student should be able to tell that line is wrong.

Right now I'm in the process of editing the little "take action letter" they've set up to send to the department of wildlife and fish. This should be fun.

Top Bottom