Military Camp

I could be wrong, but this likes like a 13 incher to me.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Haven't seen anything this big out in my neck of the woods before.
    I've never had any that even looked close to 13", but this one looks like it to me.

So, what say you fellow hunters of Texas.

If you don't know what I'm talking about with my 13" comments, look up antler restrictions.

PICT0112.jpg
    DK Firearms

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Hard to tell with his ears not in an alert state. But I would be excited by this buck coming by my feeder. If he's not 13", he's very close. IMHO.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Very close is still a fine. I personally hate the 13" rule that some counties have. I believe a lot of deer that are "close" just get left on the ground for coyote food. Easier to prove you could not find a deer after you shot him than the game wardens tape measure was off.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Shoot, saw a bigger one than that just N of 410 in SA the other day, a solid 12 pointer that had a running buddy, just up from Costco off I 10

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It sure as hell looks like it to me, too. And he looks to be a big-bodied deer.

And for sure a deer that needs removing from the gene pool. But if the spread is only 12.5, that is a very expensive deer you will not get to even eat. Misguided rule at best.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Exactly what I said, saw 2 deer between the Land Rover dealership and Costco off I 10 in San Antonio, both were rather large, very large in fact.

And that has what to do with where his feeder is located, the deer in his area, and the specific deer in his pic? Or is his feeder located between the Land Rover dealership and Costco?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    And that has what to do with where his feeder is located, the deer in his area, and the specific deer in his pic? Or is his feeder located between the Land Rover dealership and Costco?
    Well I am so sorry this must be a closed thread and you are the what, the thread manager, well ABUSE ME...don't like it, PM me, think we can sort out

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The spread always shrinks when they hit the ground.

I dont see 13".

I can't say for sure either, but if it is close, pass on the shot. The bad thing is, that deer is a mature deer and that rack will not improve with age. By letting it live it will just keep passing crappy genetics. Like I said, misguided rule at best.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    We meat hunt. I'm glad we don't have that rule up here but if we did, I'd pass on it for a big doe just to be sure.
    A big mature doe makes good sausage too

Top Bottom