• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    McBride's attorney called Gallagher's death "a tragic accident." The attorney said McBride and Gallagher were friends who often played the dangerous game and his client did not know his gun was loaded.
    Is there a better word than inexcusable?

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    Unfortunately, the exact same thing has happened MANY times in the military. I don't know why quick draw games are so appealing to bored service men. Prayers to the families.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In my days in thr military, including Iraq, nothing like this was even considered. Closest thing was when several of us threatened to take out a dumbass for sweeping us multiple times with the muzzle of a 249. I believe this is another time when the rule of 3 stupids could have saved a life. Best wishes to the family. Can't think of the words for a soldier to die in this way, to survive everything else and be killed by something the ''inexcusable''. And as for the shooter, moron. Not that the game itself isn't stupid enough, you would assume he would have been alittle more carefull about clearing his weapon. It's all beside the point though. The whole situation should have never happened.

For anyone who has had more knowledge of this rediculous ''game'', is it common practice for them to pull the trigger while aiming at their buddies face.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Unfortunately, this "game" has been around for years, I remember hearing stories about accidental shootings from playing 'quick draw' back when I first was a security policeman back in 1982.

Honestly, just use your friggin' finger! That way the worst possible consequence is getting poked!

Cheers! M2

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I know some of the younger folks are gonna flame me, but going off my on experience...I did a LOT of stupid things in my early 20's. I call them my Dumb Days for a reason. Age and maturity play a role here, too bad it took a death to learn the lesson. RIP

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Somebody should have given these guys some simunition. My first question is how the heck do you not know a gun is loaded? Thats rule #1 the first thing I do when I pick up a gun is remove the mag and rack the slide/bolt/cylinder (kind of hard to rack a cylinder) and check the chamber and I also believe its a golden rule to not point guns at people unless you intend to kill them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I know some of the younger folks are gonna flame me, but going off my on experience...I did a LOT of stupid things in my early 20's. I call them my Dumb Days for a reason. Age and maturity play a role here, too bad it took a death to learn the lesson. RIP

I joined 2 months after I turned 18 and and was in Iraq with 4 months after turning 19, age may paly a role but I feel someone doing something this rediculous must have an above average thresh hold for stupid.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I just have to say it. Throughout my life I have seen and done many many stupid things. I survived, others were not so lucky. Now we have labels and rules posted everywhere to prevent stupid people from hurting/killing themselves or others. Sometimes all the rules, all the training all the common sense in the world just cannot stop stupid things from happening.

Possibly someone will learn from this, but I doubt it will be a lesson worth the price of admission.

My condolences to the families, friends and comrades

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    All I can say is wow. Most of my military friends say they just play COD when they are sitting around the bunk doing nothing. I've never heard of this "game".

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    All I can say is wow. Most of my military friends say they just play COD when they are sitting around the bunk doing nothing. I've never heard of this "game".
    Pretty much anyone between the ages of 18 and 25 have played Call of Duty or at least know what it is. That demographic is the bulk of the military.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I was in that camp at the time this happened. Communications blackout lasted longer than the normal 24 hours. Supposedly because there was problems notifying the next of kin.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I had to conduct a Line of Duty investigation where a Sergeant (E-5) shot another Sergeant (E-5) while horsing around with an M1911.

Seems the boys were drinking after having gone to the range.

The pistol was privately owned, and the knuckleheads played the "Quick Draw" play during their drinking session with serious results.

The Sergeant shot later died.

I found the shooting to be "not in the line of duty."

Guns, TGT, and alcohol do not make for welcome outcomes.

Be well.

Top Bottom