• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    At $3 per gallon and 10,000 miles driven a year the difference between 14 and 20 mpg is $642.

Don't take a bath for fuel savings.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I need closure, what did you decide Ben?
    I decided that the lousy mileage doesn't cost me so much that it's actually worth dumping it. I actually drive it so little that the cost of insurance hurts more than the bad gas mileage. It's still in my driveway. I still drive it when something needs to be moved.

I need to find someone to install an after-market cruise control but that, too, has turned out to be something I can live without for a while. In fact, I'm a little conflicted about it. If I get a cruise control with convenient controls installed, I'll find myself driving it a lot more and wasting more money on gas. That's especially true since I find that truck, with its upright seating position and plain bench seat, incredibly comfortable to drive.

In short, living with the situation as is turned out to be the best course of action.

When my life goes through a big change (which is inevitable, given the illness in my family) I'll most likely sell both my car and truck as well as the house and 90% of what I own and wind up with something completely different. I don't see sufficiently compelling reasons to make changes before that happens.

Top Bottom