• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nibbles37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Denton
    I purchased a pistol and I own no other vehicle, under the law it states it can be carried in a vehicle without a license but in my situation the only place I could put it is in a backpack when it is in its case, or out of its case in the storage under my seat. So my question is would I get in trouble for either?
    Target Sports

Nibbles37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Denton
    I just want to make sure when I drive to my buddies house to go to the gun range that I won't get in trouble for having it on me.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I just want to make sure when I drive to my buddies house to go to the gun range that I won't get in trouble for having it on me.

So, your scooter has an enclosed cabin? Lawd, I apologize for that there
    As long as it's out of sight, your good. For clarity sake, we are all assuming you legally own el pistola.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Sounds like your ok just keeping it in the seat bucket. It can get pretty hot inside those things but I'm sure a pistol could handle the heat. Next year you should try to make it Austin for our annual scooter rally(not TGT, Urban Moto Shop). We had over 150 people show up for it this go round. Next year, I wanna set up a scoot and shoot event. If we drove scooters to Reds or another range at least we would have plenty of space to park ! On another note, if anyone gives you sh*t about riding a scooter you can just tell them you're riding the "vehicle of the future". Our best seller averages 90 MPG while maintaining 60MPH and most others aren't too far behind.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    pics please - I gotta see this Scooter Shooter :)

anyway's - I ride a GSXR 1000 and I carry a long gun in a LWRC guitar/gun case all the time. Also, I backpack a Keltec Sub2000. As long as the gun is concealed while your traveling you should be ok.
    The question is still ...... carrying after you arrive at a destination ? get a CHL & your pretty much good to go, except for certain establishments with posted signs.

peace out and be safe on the roads.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If he is only going to his buddies house and then to the range why would he need the chl. vehicle-buddy's house-vehicle-range. As i understand none of these places require a chl to carry. Correct me if I'm wrong, it has happened before.

Nibbles37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Denton
    As I was saying, just to get it to and from the ranges and such and my buddies house in particular his grandparents have a lot of land where we plan to set up some targets. Nothing illegal if that is what you are asking.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I wasn't asking nor did I mean to imply anything was illegal. Just keeping things on the up n up.

Nibbles37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Denton
    @ TexMex247
    I would definitely be interested if my scooter was in good shape but I sold it to a buddy a while back and he wrecked it first day and then I bought it back from him on the cheap. It has an oil leak on the valve body and several things need to be replaced, but if I ever get around to having the money to fix it I would love to go but as it stands I drive the scooter in the first place because of how poor I am and how cheap it was to buy and maintain :P Also people give me **** all the time and I tell em don't laugh at me because I only have to spend 3$ a week in gas, laugh at yourself for pouring all your hard earned cash on gas to go earn the cash. Its a viscous circle and I found my way out of the loop :D

Nibbles37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Denton
    My main concern is I really don't like to take it out of its case unless I am where I am going to shoot or to clean it. I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of it just bouncing around in my bucket. I really wanna feel it is ok to keep it in its case in my back pack and locked, I obviously wouldn't take the bag into a store or anything.

Nibbles37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Denton
    @30+GSXR

That's a nice bike man, I suppose I could put a picture of it before my buddy destroyed it, I'm not too proud of the way it looks now. scooter.jpg
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/members/30-gsxr.html

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Those GY6 engines are a bit of a pain.

Stated above, better to carry a rifle in your situation.

Legally there are quite a few limitations carrying a handgun in your situation not leaving many options.

Before 1995 there weren't many options either and we all made our choices.

Top Bottom