• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Hello, I just registered and thought I'd share what I own. I currently just have a Kel-Tec P-3AT, Which is a semi-auto .380 pocket pistol. It's tiny. I used to have a real Nice stainless S&W .357 model 65, 4" barrel. I really miss that gun and when I get some legal issues resolved I'm getting another one.

IMG_0043.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for registering Joey. How did you like that Keltec? I've always wanted one of their guns, like a P11 or PF9 though the one thing I couldn't get over was the heavy DAO trigger.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Keltecs are great little pistols. Definately one of the ones you carry alot, but shoot very little. They have long term high round count durability issues, but for a backup, or deep concealment gun, they rock.

JoeyZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Thanks for registering Joey. How did you like that Keltec? I've always wanted one of their guns, like a P11 or PF9 though the one thing I couldn't get over was the heavy DAO trigger.
    It's a pretty decent little pistol, It'll make a great CCW when I get the legal stuff finished, Which is why I got it. It is the flattest, little gun ever.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    I just ordered a PF9 to have a cheaper truck piece, hopefully it'll be just as reliable. I'll post a review/pics once it's in and I've had some time to spend with it.

JoeyZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    It does have some issues. For one the grip is small and I could only get two fingers on it. Two the DAO trigger pull is long and heavy, but not horrible. Three since the grip is so small and thin the recoil is very noticable. However, it seems pretty accurate for a gun of it's size and intended use. It's also a gun that you will forget you have on you. It slips easily into my jeans pockets, front and rear.

I ordered accesories for it that should improve some of the issues. I got a magazine extender for it that increases mag capacity + 1, for a total of 7 in the mag, as well as extending the grip to allow me to get another finger on it. I also ordered some recoil pads and a slip on grip to help absorb the felt recoil. I'll also be ordering a Desantis pocket holster and an Armalaser, laser sight.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Well, if you insist. Apparentally alcohol+driving+cop=badtimes.
    DOH!! After careful review of your equation, I find the conclusion is correct.

I have a Kel-Tec too, they are great for some situations. My P3AT is very comfortable in the summer, when we (the family) go for a walk. Plus, it requires no real thought for concealment....even with shorts.

XDguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Irving, TX
    I got one because of it's size. It's ugly, but very reliable, and suprisingly accurate at 20 ft. The trigger draw is little long, but that just makes me feel comfortable carrying it around in my pocket.

texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    I have a pretty good collection of pocket pistols. No Keltecs yet.
    Hear lots of good stuff about them. My fav carry gun is a Sig P232 in 380. Good accuracy for a pocket gun.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Currently waiting for my PF9 to come in.I like kel tecs but have to be careful, as they are so light that I forget I have them on me.I almost drove into Mexico with one and that would have ruined my life.Mexico puts you jail if you even have a bullet in your car.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX

I have a PF9 and overall i love it....little piece on it broke tho so i guess i get to find out how their customer service is!

sent from wait....where am I!?

Top Bottom