• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retired_tim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    McKinney, Tx
    As an AF veteran I really am struggling with this incident. The airman legally owned the gun and was licensed to carry it. He was in his own residence. The officer identified himself but the young airman was facetiming with his gf and didn' hear the verbal commands, just the knocking. He answered the door with his firearm in his hand. The officer reacted and opened fire. And it was the wrong residence for the domestic call.. What are your thoughts?

https://nypost.com/2024/05/09/us-news/robert-fortson-bodycam-florida-deputy-fired-without-warning/
    Gun Zone Deals

retired_tim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    McKinney, Tx
    Mixed?
    I'd say 100% Bad Shoot, Retarded deputy!
    Went to wrong address, Stayed out of view of peep hole, Didn't keep announcing 'Sheriff department'.
    But has a future with the ATF !!
    I'm going to agree with you after considering all the wrong actions taken by the LEO. However I think the airman should have asked again who was at the door before opening it if he wasn't sure. It's a sad case

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    As an AF veteran I really am struggling with this incident. The airman legally owned the gun and was licensed to carry it. He was in his own residence. The officer identified himself but the young airman was facetiming with his gf and didn' hear the verbal commands, just the knocking. He answered the door with his firearm in his hand. The officer reacted and opened fire. And it was the wrong residence for the domestic call.. What are your thoughts?

https://nypost.com/2024/05/09/us-news/robert-fortson-bodycam-florida-deputy-fired-without-warning/
    No mixed feelings here

They killed that young man.

Maybe not 1st dedgree murder..but maybe 2nd degree or manslaughter and the department may have lied to cover it up.

The cop that killed him should be charged and stand trial and let a jury decide.

That young man was doing nothing wrong and he is now dead and a family is grieving.

Someone needs to pay for that.

My 1st thought was an the base call an airstrike on that department and then say oh darn ..wrong building..our bad..I'm sure you understand

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    No mixed feelings here

They killed that young man.

Maybe not 1st dedgree murder..but maybe 2nd degree or manslaughter and the department may have lied to cover it up.

The cop that killed him should be charged and stand trial and let a jury decide.

That young man was doing nothing wrong and he is now dead and a family is grieving.

Someone needs to pay for that.

My 1st thought was an the base call an airstrike on that department and then say oh darn ..wrong building..our bad..I'm sure you understand
    Agreed

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Ugh. Very sad. I watched the story on FOX. I did not hear wrong residence...if true, looks very bad for popo. They did say he was Facetiming with gf, but that another female was with him. Are we sure this wasn't the DV reported?

HtownARAK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Houston
    Very sad for that young airman. The video shows the airman had his pistol pointed down and arm outstretched in a "hold on a sec" manner. Dude was obviously confused why a cop would be showing up to his apt. The worst part were the 4/5 shots then followed by "drop the gun", they sure train cops to have an excuse for killing a person, but not wait a second for them to follow their commands.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    MURDER.
    IMG_5511.jpeg

IMG_5509.jpeg

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    No matter what, guy is dead. Dumb cop, bad training. I would ask why are people more and more frequently being killed every where more frequently every day and why do more people feel ill at ease and a need to be armed? And fearful of LEO's... face it there are fewer honest well trained and experienced officers nationwide. FJB

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    No matter what, guy is dead. Dumb cop, bad training. I would ask why are people more and more frequently being killed every where more frequently every day and why do more people feel ill at ease and a need to be armed? And fearful of LEO's... face it there are fewer honest well trained and experienced officers nationwide. FJB

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    This is because of the Democrat party and the MSM, they have made being in law enforcement even more dangerous and made it clear that they hate cops, . Cops are more ready to shoot and ask questions later because they are scared so a lot of cops have quit and standards are lower than ever for new recruits because a lot more people don't want to be in law enforcement.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What is there to have mixed feelings about? The deputy was 100% in the wrong.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Most of y’all know I’m retired Air Force. Pretty much all I’ve seen is the body cam video without any talking head analysis.

From a tactical perspective, it appears the deputy was responding to a domestic dispute. The guy and girl that deputy encountered in the apartment complex entry area did no favors feeding old hearsay tales to the deputy that was irrelevant to the situation at hand, but started the mindset this would be high threat.

The deputy had a second officer on the way and, as far as I can tell, did not hear anything outside the apartment to necessitate immediate intervention.

As far as the airman is concerned, if somebody is pounding on my door while I’m on my phone, the last thing I’m interested in is grabbing a gun and answering the door; I’m just going to ignore that shit if I’m not expecting somebody. If I’m going to answer the door, I need to get off the phone and use the GD peephole before I open it.

Door opens, deputy sees the gun, adrenaline dump happens and bang bang bang then “drop the gun”. Piss poor decision making there, but given a 911 call and the info provided by the female, he had to investigate, so there’s no pre-meditated intent to murder.

Given a gun in hand at the doorway, use of deadly force criteria is met from a legal perspective although department policy will come into play.

Shitty things happen when people do stupid things and the deputy and airmen both did some stupid things.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    xbasbajajjs
    Top Bottom